Radius Interface?

rjT3

Question

Aloha,

Newbie here, and also new to the ISP world.  Can Blesta be used for managing an ISP and its RADIUS?  Does anyone know of ISP's now using Blesta to support their client management/RADIUS?  My best comparison (at this point in my ISP education) is to compare Blesta capability with "Emerald."  Thanks for any assistance.  

8 answers to this question

Not that long ago, I was looking in to setting up a custom pfSense installation using Blesta for billing and basically having free and paid Internet packages for local hotels..

The biggest custom feature that was needed was that we weren't actually selling speed, just access to a "less clogged" connection; which was possible to do with pfSense, but it was really going to be more of a hacked job... A hacked job that paid! haha but no, plans changed. Sorry!

While I'm waiting for some answers on my database manager plugin I've decided to work on an authentication plugin that, while requires slight modifications to core code, is a lot more convienent than the original method that required putting in a lot of hacked code in the core.  This is minimal and I feel will solve an issue Blesta might have in implementing a custom authentication system.

I work for guys that finally made RADIUS plugin for Blesta. It uses BlissRADIUS server that is 10y in production and it already works with WHMCS. So anyone wanting to migrate to Blesta can have identical set of features. More info http://bulbsoft.com/product/blissembed/details.html

Btw, my first post, if advertising is against forum policy please let me know.

32 minutes ago, Branimir said:

I work for guys that finally made RADIUS plugin for Blesta. It uses BlissRADIUS server that is 10y in production and it already works with WHMCS. So anyone wanting to migrate to Blesta can have identical set of features. More info http://bulbsoft.com/product/blissembed/details.html

Btw, my first post, if advertising is against forum policy please let me know.

That's great! :blesta: I would even suggest starting a new thread in the marketplace forum for this module so there is a dedicated thread for it.

17 hours ago, Paul said:

If there was a thread, I could tweet it out and it may generate more interest.

That is a great idea and will do it today. Just let me know if we need developers license for listing at marketplace, we would like to get it, I definitely cant find more info on price page. We do all testing in private network, no public access.