Looking Ahead To 3.2.. Responsive Bootstrap Client Area

Paul

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the bootstrap conversion so far?

• Looks awesome, can't wait for 3.2!
    • Pretty cool.
    • It's ok.
    • Terrible.

Alright, so I know that 3.1 isn't even officially released yet, and the guys are focused on that.. but I've been cranking on markup for 3.2.

It's a work in progress, but I think it's coming along nicely, and I thought I'd share and get your feedback.

Here's 3 screenshots.. they were taken on..

1. Macbook Pro

2. iPad Mini Retina

3. iPhone 4s

This is just the dashboard, which has the most going on, but pretty much all the client area pages have been created.

Bootstrap 3. Tried to stick pretty closely to the current design with improvements wherever possible.

So, what do you think?

post-1-0-84186200-1388302785_thumb.png

post-1-0-00400900-1388302798_thumb.png

post-1-0-04586600-1388302804_thumb.png

Looks incredible!!!!! :)

Sure you don't want to put that in 3.1.0 B2? ;)

I'd love to include it in 3.1, but the majority of the work remains to integrate the markup into the existing templates, plugins, and modules. Hoping to get 3.2 out in record time after 3.1, we're definitely going to hit the ground running. Some other features we're planning to add to 3.2 also.

I'd love to include it in 3.1, but the majority of the work remains to integrate the markup into the existing templates, plugins, and modules. Hoping to get 3.2 out in record time after 3.1, we're definitely going to hit the ground running. Some other features we're planning to add to 3.2 also.

I was just joking, I know as much as anyone here about the amount of code changes required for it. :)

I do think the faster it gets implemented the easier it'll be though. Example, all the new modules have to be changed but if it was already done they would have been built on bootstrap.

I'm not sure if you define how you manage your release cycles anywhere.

Just some food for thought: The linux kernel used to be released in two branches, the odd decimal point was the beta/unstable version, and the even was production/stable version.

It is entirely possible you could simply re-package the 3.1 branch of Blesta as the beta/unstable version, then focus on the 3.2 branch as the stable version.

:-)

Just some food for thought: The linux kernel used to be released in two branches, the odd decimal point was the beta/unstable version, and the even was production/stable version.

It is entirely possible you could simply re-package the 3.1 branch of Blesta as the beta/unstable version, then focus on the 3.2 branch as the stable version.

+1 I love this idea!

Very excited! Will the shopping cart be improved and coded in bootstrap as well?

Yes

major.minor.patch

ie 3.0.8

So the next minor release is 3.1, then 3.2. Betas are designated like this: 3.1.0-b1 (Or a1 for an alpha 1 release)

3.1 stable will be released in January within the next couple weeks most likely, and then it will be full steam on 3.2.

Yes

major.minor.patch

ie 3.0.8

So the next minor release is 3.1, then 3.2. Betas are designated like this: 3.1.0-b1 (Or a1 for an alpha 1 release)

3.1 stable will be released in January within the next couple weeks most likely, and then it will be full steam on 3.2.

I really prefer the way you guys do it as I can understand what's what :)

We made it to b7 last time :)

We follow semantic versioning. Every release is considered stable, unless it's a pre-release designated by a hyphen (-) after the version number.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea since it would remove the need to have a separate app.

One thing I've noticed on the phone screenshot is how blurry the logo gets, which reminded me that it would be a good idea to have logo variations using different DPIs. Kind of like how android categorises its app icons.

Would also be very useful for invoices. One company logo for the web invoice, one for the printable PDF.

I like the idea since it would remove the need to have a separate app.

One thing I've noticed on the phone is how blurry the logo gets, which reminded me that it would be a good idea to have logo variations using different DPIs. Kind of like how android categorises its app icons.

Would also be very useful for invoices. One company logo for the web invoice, one for the printable PDF.

Delete.  Misread.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized OpenSRS is under Universal Module so I'll give it a shot.  I'm also seeing Stargate which is what I used on **mcs so should I use that instead of LogicBoxes in conjunction with resell.biz?

Yes you should use LogicBoxes for ResellerClub / Resell.biz and NetEarthOne.

That's what I thought.  I'm a total rookie with Blesta and the import, so I've got a few questions:

1) Are all of my modules suppose to be setup before I import?

2) How do I change a module that's assigned to a product?  For example in **mcs, I was using stargate for a domain so under the customers information, I click on manage for the domain and it shows Stargate as the module and I want to change it over to LogicBoxes now that I'm in Blesta.

3) Not all domains registered through OpenSRS were transferred over.  Is this because I had nothing setup in Blesta (Module Config) prior to the import?

4) All closed invoices are importing with the status 'unsent' which is not a big deal to me personally but I wonder if that's the way it should be?

5) One customer had a credit on the account that was used up a month ago and it now shows him having that same credit after this import.

As I'm writing this, I may have answered question # 2: Do I go to update package and just change the module from there and it'll apply across the board through all accounts?  For the time being, I have customers with long term registrations through OpenSRS so I'm hoping to designate that until they come up for renewal and I switch them over to LogicBoxes.  Is this possible to keep it all distinguished?

This is a trial run for me because I don't plan to make the full transition until 3.2 comes out so I can wipe out this database if I need to and test imports again.  I'll do a fresh install and import for v3.2

Thanks for all of the help and sorry if there's a dumb question or two in there.

1) Are all of my modules suppose to be setup before I import?

They will be automatically set-up as long as the modules are available.

2) How do I change a module that's assigned to a product?  For example in **mcs, I was using stargate for a domain so under the customers information, I click on manage for the domain and it shows Stargate as the module and I want to change it over to LogicBoxes now that I'm in Blesta.

Yes you can change them via packages > packages > edit and change the dropdown box, however you might need to re-make the product, cPanel Extended is broken by that.. Well it was when I tried it back when it was out. Never changed from Logicboxes so please don't take my word for it, you can however on WHM** change the module on there, and then import it over so it uses Logicboxes by default.

3) Not all domains registered through OpenSRS were transferred over.  Is this because I had nothing setup in Blesta (Module Config) prior to the import?

I believe it's because the OpenSRS module isn't there. You'll need to ask on the WHM** importer thread as it might be related to another problem.

4) All closed invoices are importing with the status 'unsent' which is not a big deal to me personally but I wonder if that's the way it should be?

Yes this is normal, because they wasn't sent from Blesta. Same with Active services on the billing widget, as it only shows orders made on Blesta.

5) One customer had a credit on the account that was used up a month ago and it now shows him having that same credit after this import.

Maybe there's no transaction recorded for the credit or if there's no transaction at the time he spent it, you can un-apply it on the transaction widget on his profile, or you can do a record transaction and remove it by -4.00 etc.

As I'm writing this, I may have answered question # 2: Do I go to update package and just change the module from there and it'll apply across the board through all accounts?  For the time being, I have customers with long term registrations through OpenSRS so I'm hoping to designate that until they come up for renewal and I switch them over to LogicBoxes.  Is this possible to keep it all distinguished?

That's correct, but it might not work as stated above, the services might disappear from show, best to try it beforehand. If not change the modules on WHM** before importing.

This is a trial run for me because I don't plan to make the full transition until 3.2 comes out so I can wipe out this database if I need to and test imports again.  I'll do a fresh install and import for v3.2

Thanks for all of the help and sorry if there's a dumb question or two in there.

You're welcome, there's no such thing as a dumb question, if your new to a system, it's better to ask what you don't know so you can improve your knowledge.