That IP does not exist in your list - Directadmin

Joseph H

Question

Hello

We are using Blesta 5.5.1 with Directadmin module. Issue is; We have 5 Servers used for shared hosting. (First non full server).

ice_screenshot_20220911-150810.png.1679716b91819221b802a626a5fd2033.png

On packages we have setup for Blesta to create accounts from the group

ice_screenshot_20220911-150945.thumb.png.7956d55ac2dc94e4d2bcfafea1dcc003.png

But as seen above, Blesta pulls IP from 1 server, but sometime blesta tries to activate accounts to other servers whose IP is not listed here. But fails with the bellow error.

server12.domain.com
a:3:{s:5:"error";s:1:"1";s:4:"text";s:21:"Cannot Create Account";s:7:"details";s:40:"That IP does not exist in your list<br>
";}

4 answers to this question

Interesting, I'll mention this. I think the IP address is required as part of the API call. Perhaps the IP should be defined on the server/module row rather than the Package, in which case it would use the IP as defined there. Is there ever a need to select a different IP for the same server between Packages? That would be the concern there.

The alternative at the moment, would be to select a server instead of a group for the Package, but obviously this would have to be updated more frequently.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:45 PM, Paul said:

Interesting, I'll mention this. I think the IP address is required as part of the API call. Perhaps the IP should be defined on the server/module row rather than the Package, in which case it would use the IP as defined there. Is there ever a need to select a different IP for the same server between Packages? That would be the concern there.

The alternative at the moment, would be to select a server instead of a group for the Package, but obviously this would have to be updated more frequently.

There is no need for the IP on the package, I think you are right. The IP should be specified on the module while adding the server.

We already tried doing it by selecting a server manually but it's very tiresome and has led to some servers being oversold.

Hi,

So I think I had a similar if not the same issue as yours. I wanted to have multiple servers under a DirectAdmin server group, and my server group will be tied to an actual package in Blesta. 

When adding a Service manually via Admin panel I'm given an option to select a server.

image.thumb.png.a6949660cb1cb48ac502deb69d4fa487.png

The IP of one of the servers gets saved in the Product, but it should be read from the module not the product. If I select a different server than one from the package it fails with the error you get as well.

a:3:{s:5:"error";s:1:"1";s:4:"text";s:21:"Cannot Create Account";s:7:"details";s:40:"That IP does not exist in your list<br>
";}

So I've made a fix in the direct_admin.php module that uses the IP from the module by fetching it via API from DA itself. It's a one liner placed at 1006th line in the direct_admin.php file:

$params['ip'] = reset($this->getDirectAdminIps($row));

image.thumb.png.be9f97e061d23793ace7558e2da29ff2.png

This now solves the issue for me, so I can select the server when adding a service.

Please note that I assume that each DA node/server has only one IP, since my code gets only the first IP from the array.

I had a longer discussion on Discord if you are interested to look into more details.

Hopefully this helps.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:18 AM, VITA said:

Hi,

So I think I had a similar if not the same issue as yours. I wanted to have multiple servers under a DirectAdmin server group, and my server group will be tied to an actual package in Blesta. 

When adding a Service manually via Admin panel I'm given an option to select a server.

image.thumb.png.a6949660cb1cb48ac502deb69d4fa487.png

The IP of one of the servers gets saved in the Product, but it should be read from the module not the product. If I select a different server than one from the package it fails with the error you get as well.

";}

So I've made a fix in the direct_admin.php module that uses the IP from the module by fetching it via API from DA itself. It's a one liner placed at 1006th line in the direct_admin.php file:

$params['ip'] = reset($this->getDirectAdminIps($row));

image.thumb.png.be9f97e061d23793ace7558e2da29ff2.png

This now solves the issue for me, so I can select the server when adding a service.

Please note that I assume that each DA node/server has only one IP, since my code gets only the first IP from the array.

I had a longer discussion on Discord if you are interested to look into more details.

Hopefully this helps.

I really hope Blesta includes this fix on releases. I appreciate mate. It works for me