[Plugin] Blesta Live Chat Rc 1.0.7 - 4ºrc

PauloV

I think what you have offered is great for Blesta! 

In consideration and appreciation of your making this Mobile Friendly (A must these days!), to have a mobile page open all the time on my device, be it my phone or tablet can ultimately drain the battery over time, or consume data when pulling data from the server. 

When you connect to a Jabber server, (Which BTW can be installed easily via Softalicious or the like), you are enabling the ability to Push the chat notification(s) and content to the mobile device.  This reduces the overall load and data consumed by the mobile device as well.  And to be honest - if you did this script with the option for Jabber, I'd probably be willing drop a small donation your way to help show the support. :)

I think what you have offered is great for Blesta! 

In consideration and appreciation of your making this Mobile Friendly (A must these days!), to have a mobile page open all the time on my device, be it my phone or tablet can ultimately drain the battery over time, or consume data when pulling data from the server. 

When you connect to a Jabber server, (Which BTW can be installed easily via Softalicious or the like), you are enabling the ability to Push the chat notification(s) and content to the mobile device.  This reduces the overall load and data consumed by the mobile device as well.  And to be honest - if you did this script with the option for Jabber, I'd probably be willing drop a small donation your way to help show the support. :)

Isn't it already supported?

https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat/issues/183

http://livehelperchat.com/new-version-1.65v-gtalk-xmp-xabber-221a.html

Hello :)

The current "Blesta Live Chat", alredy support XMPP to connect to third party aplications like gtalk or Jabber, but we have disable untill some new features go into Blesta Core, because we fill like its better to make just  one full Blesta Android app (it was supose to be a suprise :) to integrate everithing, tickets, clients and also live chat in the aplication), than make two separeted aplications to manage blesta an blesta live chat.

P.S- The first will be for Android, than we will make for iPhone/iPad and in last for Windows(8 mobile).

Regards,

PV

Hello :)

The current "Blesta Live Chat", alredy support XMPP to connect to third party aplications like gtalk or Jabber, but we have disable untill some new features go into Blesta Core, because we fill like its better to make just  one full Blesta Android app (it was supose to be a suprise :) to integrate everithing, tickets, clients and also live chat in the aplication), than make two separeted aplications to manage blesta an blesta live chat.

P.S- The first will be for Android, than we will make for iPhone/iPad and in last for Windows(8 mobile).

Regards,

PV

What features need to be added to Blesta Core to get XMPP working?  Do they already have a core number from the devs?

We whant to implement an all in one and not just for Blesta live chat ;)

For that we will need the new domain manager , also pro forma invoices and finally the price override to work on all blesta database tables to implement the functions.

We could for now activate xmpp for Blesta Live Chat but its not our intention to cause confusion wen we release the aplication for Blesta and have two separated functions :)

Regards,
PV

We whant to implement an all in one and not just for Blesta live chat ;)

For that we will need the new domain manager , also pro forma invoices and finally the price override to work on all blesta database tables to implement the functions.

We could for now activate xmpp for Blesta Live Chat but its not our intention to cause confusion wen we release the aplication for Blesta and have two separated functions :)

Regards,

PV

I'm unclear on what you intend to be included as "all-in-one" but being that Blesta is a modular system where you can pick and choose which plugins to use and strip it straight down to just billing, some of us may or may not be utilizing it's ticketing system or domain reseller modules and etc. A case for discussion is the importance of XMPP which as far as I can tell is the most preferred method these days.

Personally I try to avoid using native apps anymore.  I use them on a very minimal basis and don't necessarily want an app for everything.  Dealing with buggy or outdated apps are a pain especially when features you need only exist on them.  Due there being so many application platforms for mobile devices now the only companies that seem to maintain them well enough are very large companies.  The only apps that are profitable are the ones which are lucky enough to go viral or are free with a paid service of some sort, take Server Density or New Relic for example.

Starting off with XMPP would make it immediately available to everyone and then the people who don't have devices supported by your app will still have mobile access with push notifications.

Keep up the good work, Paulo.  It looks great.

I'm unclear on what you intend to be included as "all-in-one" but being that Blesta is a modular system where you can pick and choose which plugins to use and strip it straight down to just billing, some of us may or may not be utilizing it's ticketing system or domain reseller modules and etc. A case for discussion is the importance of XMPP which as far as I can tell is the most preferred method these days.

Personally I try to avoid using native apps anymore.  I use them on a very minimal basis and don't necessarily want an app for everything.  Dealing with buggy or outdated apps are a pain especially when features you need only exist on them.  Due there being so many application platforms for mobile devices now the only companies that seem to maintain them well enough are very large companies.  The only apps that are profitable are the ones which are lucky enough to go viral or are free with a paid service of some sort, take Server Density or New Relic for example.

Starting off with XMPP would make it immediately available to everyone and then the people who don't have devices supported by your app will still have mobile access with push notifications.

Keep up the good work, Paulo.  It looks great.

To resume, we will build an xmpp to support manager and blesta live chat, but will be integrated in one aplication that we are going to Build for Android, Apple(iPhone/Pad) and Windows 8(Desktop and Mobile), to be able to control all Blesta functions and also to push Support Tickets and Live Chat Requests. (Of course it will check the modular options activated or not ;) )

We will release on Blesta Live Chat Beta 1.1 also with the XMPP option on your request :)

Regards,

PV

To resume, we will build an xmpp to support manager and blesta live chat, but will be integrated in one aplication that we are going to Build for Android, Apple(iPhone/Pad) and Windows 8(Desktop and Mobile), to be able to control all Blesta functions and also to push Support Tickets and Live Chat Requests. (Of course it will check the modular options activated or not ;) )

We will release on Blesta Live Chat Beta 1.1 also with the XMPP option on your request :)

Regards,

PV

Very nice.  Looking forward to checking it out.  :)  

Regards,

PV

I was not aware of the XMPP option. :)  If you could do that, I think it would work cross-platform, Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Windows, Mac OSX and so forth with XMPP software for said device.  I vote to have it in a release so we can test it out. 

I would think too that if it was re-activated in your code, then we turned around and tested it, we could help you determine if it is viable enough to keep it running or if it would be better to go the way of your planned Blesta core integration.

hi there i just installed i saw one thing when i open admin settings i cant see the scroll bar in the browser im using Firefox i cant go down to click save settings.

i also cant see the Live Chat complete word in the admin panel see the attached picture

Can you PM the html source to try to see the problem?

I installed Openfire on a spare VPS that I have running on a different Datacenter.  The XMPP says it connects fine to the server, but no messages seem to be coming through from a user chat.   I did test this though with my Android (Xabber) connecting to one account I created for it, and then on Windows with another account I set with it.   It all worked fine when chatting between those two clients.

I made sure that the port numbers were set correctly in the config as well.  All Test chats sent through the XMPP interface in your software works fine though. So only thing is Chats are not coming from the public at this point. :)

Any ideas?

Edit Reason: To correct spelling and clarify issue..

Edited by medfordite

I've not installed yet but did you test it with something like gtalk or something like Paulo would have tested against? I am curious if it's working at all for you or only breaking on your open fire install.

I installed Openfire on a spare VPS that I have running on a different Datacenter.  The XMPP says it connects fine to the server, but no messages seem to be coming through from a user chat.   I did test this though with my Android (Xabber) connecting to one account I created for it, and then on Windows with another account I set with it.   It all worked fine when chatting between those two clients.

I made sure that the port numbers were set correctly in the config as well.  All Test chats sent through the XMPP interface in your software works fine though. So only thing is Chats are not coming from the public at this point. :)

Any ideas?

Edit Reason: To correct spelling and clarify issue..

We will make some testes on XMPP on monday and try to sort this out :)

I've not installed yet but did you test it with something like gtalk or something like Paulo would have tested against? I am curious if it's working at all for you or only breaking on your open fire install.

I did try with gTalk - but that part isn't working.  If you look at the code in the script, calls are being made to

https://www.googleapis.com/auth/googletalk  

which returns to a 404 error with Google.  Also, when Google dropped Jabber/XMPP support in March of 2013, to integrate their services more into Hangouts, it severely crippled a lot of services tied into it.  Not just Chat applications such as this, but also Asterisk Motif (Found in FreePBX), which used a relay to bridge Google Voice numbers with Asterisk. 

This is why I decided to roll my own installation.  By testing the connection with Openfire at least, I can confirm it is working with two direct chats between two clients.  (User A on Windows and User B on Phone for example). 

Nonetheless - I do have a question for PauloV - in the scenario where all this works and maybe I did do something wrong, When the chat message comes up via XMPP - is it actually directing the chat agent to go to the site to complete the chat?   The reason I ask:

You have a new chat request

{messages}

Click to accept a chat

{url_accept}

is what is sent via XMPP.  So, without seeing a working example (Yet), I'm unsure if this is what is happening, or if the url_accept is actually a connecter between the two clients. 

I did try with gTalk - but that part isn't working.  If you look at the code in the script, calls are being made to

https://www.googleapis.com/auth/googletalk  

which returns to a 404 error with Google.  Also, when Google dropped Jabber/XMPP support in March of 2013, to integrate their services more into Hangouts, it severely crippled a lot of services tied into it.  Not just Chat applications such as this, but also Asterisk Motif (Found in FreePBX), which used a relay to bridge Google Voice numbers with Asterisk. 

This is why I decided to roll my own installation.  By testing the connection with Openfire at least, I can confirm it is working with two direct chats between two clients.  (User A on Windows and User B on Phone for example). 

Nonetheless - I do have a question for PauloV - in the scenario where all this works and maybe I did do something wrong, When the chat message comes up via XMPP - is it actually directing the chat agent to go to the site to complete the chat?   The reason I ask:

is what is sent via XMPP.  So, without seeing a working example (Yet), I'm unsure if this is what is happening, or if the url_accept is actually a connecter between the two clients. 

So I didn't even realize that they dropped server federation last year.  XMPP client-to-server is still supported but I'm guessing that doesn't help us here.  Glad to see Google staying true to their "openness" mantra.  

hi there i just installed i saw one thing when i open admin settings i cant see the scroll bar in the browser im using Firefox i cant go down to click save settings.

i also cant see the Live Chat complete word in the admin panel see the attached picture

Hello, It is a problem with CSS on Firefox. You can view/download here the corrected file: https://github.com/qlpqlp/Blesta/blob/master/plugins/live_chat/views/default/admin_live_chat_count.pdt

and replace the file admin_live_chat_count.pdt in /plugins/live_chat/views/default/

Regards,

PV

So I didn't even realize that they dropped server federation last year.  XMPP client-to-server is still supported but I'm guessing that doesn't help us here.  Glad to see Google staying true to their "openness" mantra.  

One of the reasons I've moved away from Google and only use it for forum accounts and junk stuff now.  I use Outlook.com and as I say to others, its not a Windows vs. Linux thing, its a usability vs. breakability thing.

I use Outlook.com and as I say to others, its not a Windows vs. Linux thing, its a usability vs. breakability thing.

Why Outlook.com? I've never used it but from what I read in a quick search they don't support server federation either. Or do they?