[Plugin] Support Manager Pro - Tickets Delete, Merge, Spam, Multiple Tickets.

PauloV

Hey Everyone

I think I have found a new use case for support manager / support manager pro that seems to be failing.

If you are piping emails  - and the email you are getting in has the following support manager pro shows you have a ticket but you are not able to access it.

Email Contents - Subject, (no body to the email) only an attachement

This is a real case as we been piping some emails from dmarcrep@microsoft.com into our queue (not any more)   but support staff are not able to see them until a record is added in the

replies table

1 of 2 ways to fix this.

Update the ticket select query - not not be depending on the reply table

or

If the message body is detected as nothing - still create the record with some default text for the reply.

Thanks

Jonathon

• 3 weeks later...

hi Paulo,

Is there a update for support manager pro ? I found a bug in the plugin. Please see the attached file thanks.

Loving your plugin bud!

Hello,

Firstly thanks :blesta:

I see that it shows 2 Blocks on your Client Area. Do you have Suport Manager installed? or only Support Manager Pro?

Regards,

PV

Would it be possible to have a setting that would prevent the client from closing the ticket? For example, an abuse department would use this so clients couldn't just close abuse tickets.

It could maybe be either a per ticket or per department setting?

is there any support for this plugin please ?

Hello jobplease,

I have tested and it dosent send any sttachment if you send a ticket to a client. The client has to login to see the attachment. I will try to implement the feature to send the attachment to a client wen Blesta 4.0 release to update the Support Manager Pro with the latest fixes from Blesta Support Manager Core.

Regardss,

PV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Paulo

Does this module support not sending auto-replies by department? For example, department 1 sends no auto-reply, department 2 sends one?

Currently this is a problem with the implementation of the default support module. It's not critical, but annoying enough that I have to look for alternatives. 

If the module does not support this, how hard would it be to code it in? 

On 22/08/2016 at 10:44 PM, AnthonyL said:

Hi Paulo

Does this module support not sending auto-replies by department? For example, department 1 sends no auto-reply, department 2 sends one?

Currently this is a problem with the implementation of the default support module. It's not critical, but annoying enough that I have to look for alternatives. 

If the module does not support this, how hard would it be to code it in? 

@AnthonyL Sorry the late reply :( 
For now it dosent support that functionality, buit its very easy to implement, let the new Blesta 4.0 Stable come out And I will add this in the next update ;)

10 hours ago, cyandark said:

I can migrate from the original Support Manager to this?

@cyandark Hello :) 
Sorry, still no migration functionality, but its easy, I didnt implement yet because there wasnt alot requests :P 
I Will promisse to add a migration functionality betwin Support Manager Original and Support Manager Pro, also an option to Migrate all data to Core Support Manager (It will delete all data on the Support Manager that will be migrated to because of the ID's and CODE in Tickets to not mess everithing)

@all 
Im tinking to add on next update the encryption of all Ticket's messages because of sensitive data in case of an MySQL/MariaDB intrusion, what do you think? The problem is going to be the search functionality that will be a tiny slow to let the encrypt/decrypt function to run.

Edited by PauloV
my bad english typos :P

4 hours ago, PauloV said:

Im tinking to add on next update the encryption of all Ticket's messages because of sensitive data in case of an MySQL/MariaDB intrusion, what do you think? The problem is going to be the search functionality that will be a tiny slow to let the encrypt/decrypt function to run.

that some thing i not recommend it if you have a huge ticket or data . but i think blesta should now add option to add some critical fields like server ip and fields for login/pass , that fields should be encrypted in database  .

or it should add option to edit replies , that way  staff can change sensitive data with asterisks ..

6 hours ago, PauloV said:

@AnthonyL Sorry the late reply :( 
For now it dosent support that functionality, buit its very easy to implement, let the new Blesta 4.0 Stable come out And I will add this in the next update ;)

@all 

Thanks :) I have a few requests I'd like to see implemented, but I'll hold back until 4.0 hits so you don't need to waste coding time. 

It would be nice to have an encrypted ticket DB. I know it sucks on a MySQL load front, but all these companies being hacked and their DB's leaked is a serious concern. We can't control what customers put in tickets, so full on encryption rather than just 1 field would be good. 

There will be hardware ways to speed up the search anyway. A separate mysql server running on SSD, or a duplicated mysql server that is accessible only from an internal ip without any other load on it. 

When we started getting too many tickets for the server's hardware to handle search, we duplicated the DB every few hours, and ran all the search queries against that DB. it improved performance a lot. So I'm sure we can all think of ways to make an encrypted support database work. 

2 hours ago, naja7host said:

that some thing i not recommend it if you have a huge ticket or data . but i think blesta should now add option to add some critical fields like server ip and fields for login/pass , that fields should be encrypted in database  .

CORE-450 Custom fields with encryption option. This would be perfect for customers submitting server passwords or other sensitive information. Of course, this is planned for the official support manager.

Not all data needs to be or should be encrypted. Remember, encrypted data cannot be searched, and there is some overhead with decrypting it. Also AES does not use public/private key pairs like RSA, so the same key is used to encrypt and decrypt. This means that if an attacker got access to your database *and* your files, they could decrypt the data anyway.

In contrast, if you were using Blesta's batch processing for charging credit cards, the private RSA keys used to decrypt cards would be encrypted with AES using a passphrase that is not stored anywhere and has to be manually entered. This method could be done elsewhere, and might be a good idea for sensitive ticket information, but the data would not be decrypted automatically and staff would have to enter a passphrase unknown by Blesta before it could be decrypted.

On 26/08/2016 at 5:19 PM, Paul said:

CORE-450 Custom fields with encryption option. This would be perfect for customers submitting server passwords or other sensitive information. Of course, this is planned for the official support manager.

Not all data needs to be or should be encrypted. Remember, encrypted data cannot be searched, and there is some overhead with decrypting it. Also AES does not use public/private key pairs like RSA, so the same key is used to encrypt and decrypt. This means that if an attacker got access to your database *and* your files, they could decrypt the data anyway.

In contrast, if you were using Blesta's batch processing for charging credit cards, the private RSA keys used to decrypt cards would be encrypted with AES using a passphrase that is not stored anywhere and has to be manually entered. This method could be done elsewhere, and might be a good idea for sensitive ticket information, but the data would not be decrypted automatically and staff would have to enter a passphrase unknown by Blesta before it could be decrypted.

Cool custom fields on CORE :) I have alredy added Custom Fields to my Support Manager Pro mod, has you can see I use arrays to store fields and data on each ticket ,and on Admin/Manage we just set all fields, I was thinking on adding a more rich interface, but I will wait until CORE-450 to start from there eheh :P

For the tickets encryption, I have made some benchmarks and its slow on a DB with more then 100k tickets(replies) :( even with cache/ssd/mysql optimised maybe I will add 2 options:

Option 1- encrypt (per ticket) it only will encrupt/decrypt that ticket (it will add a flag on replies to tell what are encrypted and not)
Option 2- encrypt all Custom Fields (per custom filed)

About the key pass to encrypt/decrypt, its an excelent idea special for staff private notes :blesta:

On 26/8/2016 at 11:19 PM, Paul said:

Since 2013 not resolved until 2016 :huh:

Basic support ticket field

1. Name (Sender Name if not client):

2. Email:

3. Subject:

4. Description:

On 24/09/2016 at 5:02 AM, jobplease said:

I believe this is one the best third party plugins for Blesta. This plugin has all the features required for a working helpdesk system. Thank you. Oh, when this is updated for Blesta Version 4.0 I will be donating again. Keep up the good work.

Next week I will initiate the mass update eheh :P

Regards,

PV