Ask customer about the domain when making a purchase

niki2416

Question

Hi, I am creating a shared hosting website and now I got to the point of configuring my order forms and domain registrars and I would like to provide the following flow:

1. Customer opens my website.
  2. Customer select one of the packages on my website and is redirected to the coresponding package in blesta ordering form.
  3. Customer select term and press continue.
  4. System ask the customer if they already have a domain name.
    1. If yes the system just continues to checkout.
    2. If not, system ask if customer would like to purchase a new domain as well
    3. If customer wants to register a new domain, add selected domain to the package
  5. Process the checkout.

I took a look in some of the threads on the forum about the same problem and stumbled upon this: 

It seems like something that I am talking about, however the replies there are very old, so I was wondering if there is any option to do it now? 

8 answers to this question

Currently the flow for domain and hosting orders, using the "Domain and Other" order form type, is to enter or search for a new domain first, then select the hosting plan after that. It sounds like you want to reverse this, and choose a hosting plan, then decide on the domain, whether to register a new domain, use an existing, etc.?

Just now, niki2416 said:

I haven't seen the "Domain and Other" option, I think this is exactly what I am looking for. Now I have two questions.

1. Is there anywhere that I can see a guid on how to set it up.

2. Can I change how the form looks like?

Under Packages > Order Forms, click to create an order form or edit an existing. For "Type" select "Domain and Other". For Domain Package Group, make sure "TLDs Pricing Packages" is selected, and under Package Groups drag any hosting package groups from the right to the left to assign them.

Can I also specify which package will be selected after the domain is chosen?
E.g. The customer is selecting Plan A with 1 year term. The system redirects to the domain purchase, the customer choose a domain and then the Plan A with 1 year term is automatically selected?

On 6/6/2023 at 11:29 AM, niki2416 said:

Can I also specify which package will be selected after the domain is chosen?
E.g. The customer is selecting Plan A with 1 year term. The system redirects to the domain purchase, the customer choose a domain and then the Plan A with 1 year term is automatically selected?

Packages and terms can be defined in the link for the General order type. We will be adding that soon to the Domain and Other. After that, it would be possible to provide a link to a hosting package, and when they get to that part of the order process it would be already selected.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, niki2416 said:

Also is it possible to change how the order form look?

Yes, you can modify the templates. Order templates are located under /plugins/order/views/templates

That is great!
When should I expect this feature to become available?

Also I have a problem syncing the price from the registrar. I enabled the automatic synchronization every day, however the prices are not changing and stay at 0.00$ I tried to manually sync the price, but when I choose Registrar price sync, nothing happens.