A Few Questions Before Purchasing ;)

JasonUK

Question

Hi there, you have a great product from what it looks like from the outside but I have a few questions before I click purchase.

1. Does the software support resellers? I have people who refer me customers and I pay them a %. Ideally, I'd like my resellers to be able to log in, collect their payment and refer more using referral links. Anything that stops me asking every new customer if xx referred you has to be worth it! 

2. Will integrating this into my site work by simply changing around the footer and header pretty much? I can code, I am not too bothered by any customising but I've not seen too much about integrating this into your current site. My site is pretty much HTML using Bootstrap but I can make it PHP of course. I just want to know how if Blesta works by putting the customer sign up code within the PHP code I have and voila, job solved. Right now I am just using PayPal purchases and links.

What I want to do is automate the customer signing up, give them a Blesta customer account and have one of the servers set them up with a domain. I know there are tons of billing software systems out there but pretty much most of them suck. Blesta looks newer, nicer and I've heard good things. 

I am very impressed by what I've seen so far and the fact your own portal uses Blests while looking pretty snazzy is ideal for me. 

4 answers to this question

Hi there, you have a great product from what it looks like from the outside but I have a few questions before I click purchase.

Welcome to the Blesta community, I'll do my best to help you.

1. Does the software support resellers? I have people who refer me customers and I pay them a %. Ideally, I'd like my resellers to be able to log in, collect their payment and refer more using referral links. Anything that stops me asking every new customer if xx referred you has to be worth it!

I believe your talking about a affiliate system, Blesta doesn't have one yet, however there is one in the plans and it will be advanced and well worth the wait. Just a few things needed which have a higher priority at the moment. You can find more about this at: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1064-affiliate-system/

2. Will integrating this into my site work by simply changing around the footer and header pretty much? I can code, I am not too bothered by any customising but I've not seen too much about integrating this into your current site. My site is pretty much HTML using Bootstrap but I can make it PHP of course. I just want to know how if Blesta works by putting the customer sign up code within the PHP code I have and voila, job solved. Right now I am just using PayPal purchases and links.

I personally find it easy to integrate however some people don't and hire someone to do it for them. You can find more about it at: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/370-site-integration-with-blesta/

They are working on a Header / Footer integration in the works, which will be per company. 

As for Bootstrap, Blesta 3.2 coming soon, is built with Bootstrap 3.1.x (Client Area) It looks amazing you can find more about this at: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1707-looking-ahead-to-32-responsive-bootstrap-client-area/

What I want to do is automate the customer signing up, give them a Blesta customer account and have one of the servers set them up with a domain. I know there are tons of billing software systems out there but pretty much most of them suck. Blesta looks newer, nicer and I've heard good things. 

I am very impressed by what I've seen so far and the fact your own portal uses Blests while looking pretty snazzy is ideal for me.

You can achieve that, however they sign up via ordering or if you make a registration form. You can use SolusVM or coming soon: Virtualizor to create servers.

Hi there, thanks for your rapid and very concise post :)

That is epic that Bootstrap will be used. That will make integration even easier. I am guessing there is no specific timeframe for the affiliate module, so I will hang about and wait for it. I don't need this system for a couple of months, so a minor delay won't put me off :)

Thanks again. 

Hi there, thanks for your rapid and very concise post :)

That is epic that Bootstrap will be used. That will make integration even easier. I am guessing there is no specific timeframe for the affiliate module, so I will hang about and wait for it. I don't need this system for a couple of months, so a minor delay won't put me off :)

Thanks again. 

It will probably be in a 3.4 or something as 3.2 is based on the new client area. 3.3 is based on invoices. But Paul and the guys will know more. You can search it on http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE and see if it pops up with a number when it's gone public.