Ability To Adjust Price

clamhost

I remember this being discussed long ago, and I don't remember what the outcome was.  This is definitely a good idea.  I would prefer to see it structured so that you enter ledger-style adjustments to move the price in either direction.  Instead of simply entering a new value as you do in some other billing platforms, you get something like:

$ 100.00 : VPS Package

-$  25.00 : Recurring Ad Credit Barter

$  75.00 : Monthly Total

That way, you have a description of what happened so when you look back on the account a year later, you see why the customer is only paying $75.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to add my support for this feature request.  In addition, I like the idea/requirement specified by FRH Dave.  It is definitely necessary to be able to see visually why this price is special. 

Perhaps the ability to add a custom discount in addition (or instead of) a price over-ride is a good idea, along with a description of the price over-ride and/or discount.  This way, when the invoice is created, the original/full price is put, along with the discount/over-ride price, so customer knows they are getting special pricing, and why.

Thanks.