Removing A Package

xxxxx

Question

Hey guys. Quick question regarding Blesta 3.1.1 here. I'm trying to delete a package (cpanel/whm), but when I do so I get the following message: "The package could not be deleted because a service is currently using it." Fair enough, the only client I have on this package is a testing account, so when I try to remove the client I get: "The client you are trying to delete has invoice, service, or transaction data. Deleting the client will cause a data anomaly. You may wish to mark the client as inactive instead." ... it seems I'm stuck in a loop of not being able to remove the client or the package. Any ideas?

11 answers to this question

Disclaimer: Always take a backup first before editing the database at any time. Myself or Blesta (the software your using) isn't responsible if you break your installation.

In this video I will help you delete an account fully, it's not recommended however if you must for any reason, please follow the video carefully. Don't rush and take your time. I'm going to show you the safest way not to break your installation:

If you do follow the video carefully you won't have a broken database.

View video on: http://screencast.com/t/aw8BoSAXVgbz

I apologies that it took so long, I had issues like ( Showing Client information on the clip by mistake, so I've edited this one by editing the html at the end before I removed the client :D )

PS: Never delete the service row itself as it won't remove everything related to that service which can cause issues, which is why I stopped as I did and rectified what I was going to do by mistake.

We recommend marking the package and client as inactive rather than deleting them.

Thanks. I can make the user Inactive just fine, but now when I come to set the Package as Inactive I get "The term could not be removed because it is used by one or more services." although I'm not trying to remove it. I've tried logging out and back in and clearing browser cache, not that it should make a difference.

Any ideas? I'd rather not be editing the database directly.

Thanks. I can make the user Inactive just fine, but now when I come to set the Package as Inactive I get "The term could not be removed because it is used by one or more services." although I'm not trying to remove it. I've tried logging out and back in and clearing browser cache, not that it should make a difference.

Any ideas? I'd rather not be editing the database directly.

Oh haha, put the package as restricted.

Nope, not that I know of because as Paul said above, it's not recommended and you can just inactivate them.

They probably will in the future though since that's why the option is there :) but due to accounts I believe that's why you can't delete them at the moment. However there's so much fields needed to be deleted per client and it's hard to do it safely.