Service Should Renew When Paid, Not When Invoiced

PhatPixel

Hi,

Its actually nothing to do with how blesta works. It should be how blesta should work for the people who pay for it. By the people I mean who are using it in lie environments. I am also facing this same issue. The clients are not dumb, they are over smart. They are clever. They would use every trick / excuse in the book not to pay. Software should work for us and not the other way around. Anyways, the point is that it would be wise / good that is blesta atleast shows the expiring date and not the renewed date to the client until the invoice is paid. That would solve the issues. Nobody wants to get into arguments with a client over issues like these. WHMCS in this case works fine. And blesta should simply extend the term instead of calculating. If service that is being charged monthly expires on 1-8-2014 and customer pays on 7-8-2014 then blesta should simply increment the date to 1-9-2014.

Thanks.

Not being funny, but I've not had 1 end user out of 184 customers ask me about it, so it's not how it should work, because if it was that I would have 184 tickets asking me why the renew date is a month ahead when they have a invoice open. It's what you are used to not how it should work.

Not being funny, but I've not had 1 end user out of 184 customers ask me about it, so it's not how it should work, because if it was that I would have 184 tickets asking me why the renew date is a month ahead when they have a invoice open. It's what you are used to not how it should work.

Lucky Man :)

We are only trying to help everyone, this as to make sense to everyone and not only the rest 99% ;)

For me that Im part of the 1% dosent make sense, and wen in production, if Blesta dosent change we will change ourselfs because dosent make any sense for us Admins and for our Clients ;)

Exemple:

invoice_renew.png

Edited by PauloV

• 6 months later...

yes to what naja7host say

An other things that seem missed, is

In my opinion: 

--------------------

the very very first renewal date should not be set from the very initial date of the customer order (very first date of initial invoice creation)

BUT renewal date should be set from the date initial Invoice has been paid. (And this only for the very first activation of service)

example, for a monthly service ordered by customer on 2015/01/27 , so invoice creation date is 2015/01/27, and supposing customer pay 10 days later, the renewal date was ever by Blesta set from the invoice creation, THIS IS VERY WRONG, so the first month of active customer service will only 21 days in place of 31 days.

of course following renewal invoice, the service renewal date is set from the very very first invoice payment date.

and "date renew" semantic mean VS "expiry date", it's seem to me that on customer view "expiriy date" maybe more appropriate term

the very very first renewal date should not be set from the very initial date of the customer order (very first date of initial invoice creation)

BUT renewal date should be set from the date initial Invoice has been paid. (And this only for the very first activation of service)

example, for a monthly service ordered by customer on 2015/01/27 , so invoice creation date is 2015/01/27, and supposing customer pay 10 days later, the renewal date was ever by Blesta set from the invoice creation, THIS IS VERY WRONG, so the first month of active customer service will only 21 days in place of 31 days.

of course following renewal invoice, the service renewal date is set from the very very first invoice payment date.

CORE-912 addresses this. Most orders are paid and activated same day for most people, but this is an important distinction for services that either are awaiting payment for an extended period of time or for services (such as colo or dedicated servers) that may need to be manually provisioned over the course of days.

In my opinion:

--------------------

and "date renew" semantic mean VS "expiry date", it's seem to me that on customer view "expiriy date" maybe more appropriate term

Rather than setting the renewal date based on an invoice or payment date, I would think it should be based on the activation date. That way, it's not dependent on a particular seller's billing/accounting policies.

Edit: Oh, I see that CORE-912 says basically the same thing.