Upgrade Service

clamhost

You can upgrade/downgrade services for a client from the Manage link for their service on their client profile page. As soon as proration is added, clients will be able to upgrade/downgrade from the client area.

The upgrade/downgrade packages available are those packages that are in the same package group as the package they originally ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a massive problem for us and ultimately means we cannot use Blesta. Not only is it a restriction to our income, but would require our staff to double their workload for providing support for our hundreds of customers. Another limiting factor that keeps us in WHMCS

This is a massive problem for us and ultimately means we cannot use Blesta. Not only is it a restriction to our income, but would require our staff to double their workload for providing support for our hundreds of customers. Another limiting factor that keeps us in WHMCS

I completely agree.

But since using blesta apart from the lack of certain features that a "Hosting Company" need such as the ability for clients to upgrade and the ability to override the price. including mass emails. if Blesta contained these features it would be perfect.

I could not find this in the Jira as a topic for a release. Is this something that is planned for a version anytime soon?

If I'm not mistaken, 3.3.x is all about Invoices which includes proration, proforma and pro-rota. So I'd say it's planned in 3.3.x I'm not staff so I can't confirm it but I believe it is.

I completely agree.

But since using blesta apart from the lack of certain features that a "Hosting Company" need such as the ability for clients to upgrade and the ability to override the price. including mass emails. if Blesta contained these features it would be perfect.

Lack of certain features? Please remember Blesta 3.x is written from scratch and there's only 3 developers doing the whole of Blesta, and Blesta isn't about rushing everything out.. They check that everything works, secure from attacks then released. It does take a long time however it will be worth it in the long run. Blesta 2.5 has Mass emails, you can use that instead of 3.x

The mass mail plugin for Blesta 3.x is scheduled for 3.3.x under CORE-621 by the way.

Upgrades / Downgrades have been planned for some time, but I couldn't find the task either so I've assigned it to CORE-1127 which is planned for 3.3. Price overrides belong to CORE-747, and a mass mailer is assigned to CORE-621.

We know there are some features that are holding people back from fully embracing Blesta and those features have the highest priority.

We think people are really going to like 3.2 with the new responsive bootstrap client area, new order forms, new ticket system features and a lot more. We'll build on that in 3.3 with upgrades/downgrades, proration, proforma invoices, etc.

Upgrades / Downgrades have been planned for some time, but I couldn't find the task either so I've assigned it to CORE-1127 which is planned for 3.3. Price overrides belong to CORE-747, and a mass mailer is assigned to CORE-621.

We know there are some features that are holding people back from fully embracing Blesta and those features have the highest priority.

We think people are really going to like 3.2 with the new responsive bootstrap client area, new order forms, new ticket system features and a lot more. We'll build on that in 3.3 with upgrades/downgrades, proration, proforma invoices, etc.

We are really excited for 3.2. I think every one will really like it

Upgrades / Downgrades have been planned for some time, but I couldn't find the task either so I've assigned it to CORE-1127 which is planned for 3.3. Price overrides belong to CORE-747, and a mass mailer is assigned to CORE-621.

Looks good :)