AlexK

Question

I try to set up mail, url /admin/settings/company/emails/mail/ :

smt.mydomain.tld

port: 465

smtp-user

pass

Afrter click "Test These Settings" I recieve error message:

Connection could not be established with host "ssl://smtp-domain:465": stream_socket_client(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

or if I try with port 587:

"Unable to connect with STARTTLS: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed"

So, whats wrong and how do I configure it works?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

What version of Blesta is this? Does the mail server have a valid SSL certificate? It may not.

Make sure the TCP egress ports are open at your firewall. If you have SSH access to your server, you can try to telnet to the mail server over the port to see if it responds.

telnet mail.server.com 587

9 hours ago, Paul said:

What version of Blesta is this? Does the mail server have a valid SSL certificate? It may not.

Make sure the TCP egress ports are open at your firewall. If you have SSH access to your server, you can try to telnet to the mail server over the port to see if it responds.

telnet mail.server.com 587

Blesta 5.9 - the last one. Server has SSL cert, sure. It self-signed, but valid. I can connect to the server with MUA and receive/send emails from my PC. But to do that if I configure the Mail-account for the first time I have to confirm the storing of SSL cert on PC first.

Telnet don't respond on 465 (because cannot connect through SSL I think) if I close connection I see in logs on server: An unexpected TLS packet was received

Telnet on 587 respond, I see HELO message from server.

If I try to send test mail from admin panel, as before, (url /admin/settings/company/emails/mail/) I see in logs on mail server:

TLS error on connection from HOST-WITH-BLESTA (gnutls_handshake): Decryption has failed.