Is It Possible To Stay On The Ticket Page?

yngens

Question

7 answers to this question

Where users are redirected after performing some action is currently not configurable. If such a feature were added, I suspect it would be in a system-wide configuration, rather than isolated to to a single action/page--at least I think that would be a better solution.

Where users are redirected after performing some action is currently not configurable. If such a feature were added, I suspect it would be in a system-wide configuration, rather than isolated to to a single action/page--at least I think that would be a better solution.

Or could be an option within the reply section of the ticket, e.g.:

After replying: [ take me back to ticket listing | stay on this page ].

Or could be an option within the reply section of the ticket, e.g.:

After replying: [ take me back to ticket listing | stay on this page ].

I would prefer it to be a configuration option in the UI for the support manager. Perhaps a department setting.

If we stay on the current page, I think we need a way to ajax-display new replies when viewing a specific ticket. We should have this anyway, but it becomes even more important.

I would prefer it to be a configuration option in the UI for the support manager. Perhaps a department setting.

If we stay on the current page, I think we need a way to ajax-display new replies when viewing a specific ticket. We should have this anyway, but it becomes even more important.

Hi Paul,

If this is not currently possible, then could you please take this as a new feature request as we often have long discussions with our customers over particular issues and both parties (admins and customers) would prefer to stay on the same page rather than being forced to go to the main ticket list page and then selecting the ticket and repeating this again and again. For some companies current behavior might be ideal, but for others might not be. So I do really hope feature request will be accepted and implemented one day. 

I'd like to hear more from others about typical use of this feature. Is it better if you can choose the behavior on a per-ticket basis, or for it to be automatic for the department?

We want to be careful about adding unnecessary elements to the UI, but if putting the option on the ticket reply page is the best option (what Cody suggested) then it may be the way to go.

This feature is important , specially in tickets .

and if the client stay in the page , an ajax request to fetch new reply every X minutes and show a popup box notify with new response available will be the best of the best .(something like the gmail notice )

also for admin in backoffice , for example , if the admins/moderators are logged , when a new ticket or new reply by cleint , it show theme a popup message about this new ticket will be the best of the best (something like the push messages of andriod and ios devices).

This feature is important , specially in tickets .

and if the client stay in the page , an ajax request to fetch new reply every X minutes and show a popup box notify with new response available will be the best of the best .(something like the gmail notice )

also for admin in backoffice , for example , if the admins/moderators are logged , when a new ticket or new reply by cleint , it show theme a popup message about this new ticket will be the best of the best (something like the push messages of andriod and ios devices).

That would be good but I bet it would take a while and would be in beta itself.