[Solusvm] Kvm Password Issues. Kvm Downgrade Issues.

ChrisB

Same issue as this: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1899-solusvm-module-kvm/

(Not sure why that was marked as resolved as that is not a resolution?)

The root password that Blesta provides for KVM type virtual machines is incorrect.

Steps to produce:

Provision a KVM virtual machine with the module. :P

I've tested many virtual machines, there are no special characters in the password that Blesta is trying to use (as per SolusVM being weird with that type of thing).

In addition to the above, when the client is logged in - it gives them an option to specify a password to reset with. When you try to set the password the message shows it as successful but the process actually fails. In addition to the process failing the password the user attempted to use is displayed in the log in plain text. This is especially concerning to me as the #1 selling point with Blesta to me was it's security and integrity. 

Separate issue, but still relevant. SolusVM allows administrators to upgrade/downgrade users virtual machines. KVM with SolusVM does support upgrading, however when it comes to disk space if there's a decrease in the side of the HDD space provided you cannot downgrade KVM virtual machines. You should probably disallow KVM plans to be downgraded.

Thanks for the reports. Normally we require separate bugs to be described in separate threads, but I'll make an exception here.

The root password that Blesta provides for KVM type virtual machines is incorrect.

This has been fixed in CORE-1192 for v3.2.0-b2.

In addition to the above, when the client is logged in - it gives them an option to specify a password to reset with. When you try to set the password the message shows it as successful but the process actually fails.

Fixed in CORE-1200.

In addition to the process failing the password the user attempted to use is displayed in the log in plain text.

Fixed in CORE-1201.

Separate issue, but still relevant. SolusVM allows administrators to upgrade/downgrade users virtual machines. KVM with SolusVM does support upgrading, however when it comes to disk space if there's a decrease in the side of the HDD space provided you cannot downgrade KVM virtual machines. You should probably disallow KVM plans to be downgraded.

The SolusVM module does not support upgrades/downgrades remotely. Any package changes you make for a service occur only locally within Blesta, so I don't think this applies to your case.

I'll close this thread as fixed.