Release 3.2.0-B2

Cody

Version 3.2.0-b2 is now available. You can download it in the Client Area.

This is a BETA feature release. This release is not considered stable enough for production use. Please report any bugs in the 3.2 beta bug forum.

PHP 5.5 Users

Included in this release is a /hotfix-php5.5/ directory. Please use this directory to overwrite the default /blesta/app/app_controller.php, /blesta/app/app_model.php, and /blesta/app/models/license.php files.

Please let us know how this hotfix works for you.

Installing Blesta

See Installing Blesta in the User Manual for instructions.

Upgrading Blesta

See Upgrading Blesta in the User Manual for instructions.

Release Notes

See Blesta Core - Version 3.2.0-b2.

For older releases see all Change Logs.

I have a blesta-new.php file in the config folder. 

During install blesta-new.php is renamed to blesta.php and populated with your database information. So, when upgrading, you should have a blesta.php file in the config directory. If you don't it was deleted and you'll need to recover it in order to upgrade.

So, do I need to install blesta again or can I upgrade? Because I only have an install option, but it requires empty tables...

DO you have a backup? Because you need your blesta.php file with your database information / AES Key.

Yes, I actually restored it to b1, because I could only install blesta with empty tables and I did not want to do that.

So how do I upgrade to b2?

Overwrite b1 with b2 files and overwrite blesta.php and then /admin/upgrade?

There is no blesta.php in the download zip. When you upload beta 2 overwrite your existing files, but make sure config/blesta.php is still in place. If your FTP program deletes config/blesta.php instead of overwriting your files (Since there is no config/blesta.php in the zip) then it's a bad FTP program and should be punished.

A newbie question here,

Seen the changes in the beta I think for a newbie like me it's better to wait a bit and install 3.2 stable when released, 

So my question is; how many beta's are there normally for big changes like v3.2 is going through and how long is the time between beta's?

A newbie question here,

Seen the changes in the beta I think for a newbie like me it's better to wait a bit and install 3.2 stable when released, 

So my question is; how many beta's are there normally for big changes like v3.2 is going through and how long is the time between beta's?

The time between beta's is usually about a week, but it can vary. For a minor release, ie 3.x there are usually 2-3 betas. We will be releasing 3.2.0-b3 next, and after that it will likely be final release. The point of the beta's is to eliminate bugs though, and that's our goal. Our focus will always be on quality rather than meeting a predefined timeline.. so, things can change.