Change Paypal Buttons

Alk

Question

Hello,

Is there anyway to change the paypal buttons please? Here is my reason for wanting to change the buttons:

When checking out, there is no real issue with the current button that displays because there is a textual instruction which says to complete checkout, click the button below and the button is central to the page. However, as covered in my unanswered topic here having this textual instruction when an offline payment method is selected leads to immense confusion as no button is present.

post-78-0-32032700-1399147094_thumb.png

But what is worse is that when attempting to pay an invoice, you obviously get no textual instruction at all, so the page appears like so:

post-78-0-31470600-1399147138_thumb.png

An end user is not going to know that the paypal button is clickable. It just looks like a logo describing what cards are accepted by paypal.

What I want to do is alter that button to one of paypal's "pay now" buttons or similar. Is this possible please?

Thank you.

post-78-0-32032700-1399147094_thumb.png

post-78-0-31470600-1399147138_thumb.png

22 answers to this question

It's the official button from PayPal the only thing wrong about it is the new branding isn't on it.

You can edit it by edit the templates to a button but it's official.

Solution Graphics

Let your customers know that you accept credit cards and other payment options through PayPal.

horizontal_solution_PPeCheck.gif

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/bnr/horizontal_solution_PPeCheck.gif

Their new one is:

AM_mc_vs_ms_ae_UK.png

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/logo-center

Thank you for your reply.

I realise that it is the official paypal button, but PayPal also offer "Pay now" buttons: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/button-manager/integration-guide/NVP/ButtonMgrOverview/ which would be more appropriate to use for the reasons mentioned in my original post. This is what I would like to achieve, but how?

Fabulous, I'm very pleased to hear that Cody, thank you.

For anyone that is interested, I have managed to resolve this for myself, with the existing 3.1 version, by replacing the existing paypal button with:

x-click-but6.gif

as obtained from a list of button choices: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/buttons/

As I am only using PayPal and offline payment gateways, this button gives me the liberty to resolve the quirk with the "to complete your order click the pay button below." text appearing for offline payments by removing the text from the plugins\order\views\templates\standard\language\en_us\main.php file altogether, as this paypal button makes the text no longer necessary. This now gives me the result:

post-78-0-34183300-1399318513_thumb.png
post-78-0-92374200-1399318510_thumb.png

As a chance bonus, this new button is the correct size to line up with the existing subscribe button so it is level now (it previously wasn't by default).

I'm really pleased with the result; many thanks Mike!  :)

post-78-0-92374200-1399318510_thumb.png

post-78-0-34183300-1399318513_thumb.png

Would a moderator be able to move this topic to the feature requests forum please?

I've been playing around with the buttons again, now that the order form page has been updated in 3.2. So now I'm using the following buttons:

btn_paynow_cc_144x47.png

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/btn/btn_paynow_cc_144x47.png

btn_subscribe_cc_147x47.png

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/btn/btn_subscribe_cc_147x47.png

Which results in the order form looking like:

post-78-0-11635700-1402785553_thumb.png

For comparison, it originally looked like:

post-78-0-13239500-1402785557_thumb.png

But what (in my opinion) previously looked so unprofessional was the pay invoice page:

post-78-0-69254900-1402785560_thumb.png

Now it looks like:

post-78-0-07379000-1402785559_thumb.png

(all the buttons match and line up)

All I did was change the URLs to the images in /components/gateways/nonmerchant/paypal_payments_standard/views/default/process.pdt. Would Blesta consider making these buttons standard please, as my alternative PayPal buttons are neater and more helpful to users?  :)

All I did was change the URLs to the images in /components/gateways/nonmerchant/paypal_payments_standard/views/default/process.pdt. Would Blesta consider making these buttons standard please, as my alternative PayPal buttons are neater and more helpful to users?  :)

I like the consistency, but these might be a problem due to the simple fact that the buttons don't mention "PayPal" in any capacity.

Personally (and this is me speaking as an individual and not in any official capacity as a Blesta dev), I like the idea of not using graphical buttons at all. I think they should just be regular UI buttons that say either "Pay with PayPal" or "Pay with PayPal Subscription". And similarly for all other non-merchant gateways (i.e. "Pay with Stripe", "Pay with Skrill", etc.). That would be, by far, the most consistent implementation, and the most graphically pleasing.

On a side note, PayPal has some of the ugliest buttons ever imagined. They were ugly in 1998, and even more so today. This only fuels my desire to do away with graphical buttons altogether.

I like the consistency, but these might be a problem due to the simple fact that the buttons don't mention "PayPal" in any capacity.

Personally (and this is me speaking as an individual and not in any official capacity as a Blesta dev), I like the idea of not using graphical buttons at all. I think they should just be regular UI buttons that say either "Pay with PayPal" or "Pay with PayPal Subscription". And similarly for all other non-merchant gateways (i.e. "Pay with Payza", "Pay with Skrill", etc.). That would be, by far, the most consistent implementation, and the most graphically pleasing.

On a side note, PayPal has some of the ugliest buttons ever imagined. They were ugly in 1998, and even more so today. This only fuels my desire to do away with graphical buttons altogether.

I appreciate your input Cody. I agree that PayPal's buttons are not the most aesthetically pleasing! Paulo's suggestion was also to do away with the graphics, so if this topic were to be moved to a feature request, perhaps others from the community could also give their feedback? To be honest, it may well be the best way to go, thereby covering all gateways.

However, my opinion is that it doesn't matter that it doesn't mention "PayPal" on the buttons because the user has already chosen, on the previous screen, to pay with PayPal (they are the official PayPal buttons).

Personally (and this is me speaking as an individual and not in any official capacity as a Blesta dev), I like the idea of not using graphical buttons at all. I think they should just be regular UI buttons that say either "Pay with PayPal" or "Pay with PayPal Subscription". And similarly for all other non-merchant gateways (i.e. "Pay with Payza", "Pay with Skrill", etc.). That would be, by far, the most consistent implementation, and the most graphically pleasing.

I appreciate your input Cody. I agree that PayPal's buttons are not the most aesthetically pleasing! Paulo's suggestion was also to do away with the graphics, so if this topic were to be moved to a feature request, perhaps others from the community could also give their feedback? To be honest, it may well be the best way to go, thereby covering all gateways.

However, my opinion is that it doesn't matter that it doesn't mention "PayPal" on the buttons because the user has already chosen, on the previous screen, to pay with PayPal (they are the official PayPal buttons).

Agreed! I have started a related thread in the Feature Requests topic here: 

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2938-clean-payment-buttons-for-paypal-paypal-subscriptions-etc/

I'd love to see these "image buttons" to be changed to standard UI form buttons with simple labels like "Pay with PayPal" as described above. I don't want to have to spend time customizing templates for something so fundamental as submit buttons. Particularly since the rest of the default template is so clean already. Hopefully we can see this updated in 3.3.

your code change is not correct , take attention to the recurring checkout by paypal . noter  your button or type button has no graphics for subscribe checkout

the correct way

change you code from

$button_url = "https://domain.com/paypal.png";

to

$button_url = $recurring ? "https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/btn/btn_subscribe_cc_147x47.png" : "https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/mktg/logos/bdg_payments_by_pp_2line.png";