Payment Confirmation Page

AMPEDcreativ

Question

When a customer receives an emailed invoice with the option to "Pay Now," once they have entered their credit card info and click submit, it takes them to the blesta login screen.  Shouldn't it be a payment confirmation page?  Their payments are, in fact, processing and they do receive an email confirmation of payment, however, they should see some sort of confirmation message after they click submit.  Is there a setting somewhere that I may be missing?

7 answers to this question

Yes, as I mentioned in my previous post, no confirmation is shown when a customer pays via CC/ACH unless that client is logged in. But paying with a non-merchant gateway returns customers to a thank you page.

The update to v3.2 shows the customer the same success message after a payment via CC/ACH as they receive when they are logged in. Clients that are not logged in will still be redirected to the login page, however, it will now show the success message regarding the payment.

In the future, a separate success page may be a better alternative, but it will now at least be consistent with the current behavior.

Thanks for bringing this up. I know if a client makes a payment through a non-merchant gateway they are shown a thank you page afterward.

For CC/ACH payments, we simply show a success message rather than a thank you page. I've updated this in CORE-1220 for v3.2 to show the success message confirmation, but a separate thank you page may be a nice addition in the future.

Thanks, guys, for the updates.  I'm currently running version 3.1.1, so that might be my problem. 

Tyson, you mentioned the difference between a "thank you" and a confirmation page.  In my case, I'm not experiencing either.  When the client clicks the button to submit payment, the next screen just goes to a login screen.  There is no confirmation page.  Is this something that is resolved in 3.2?