Sell Domains Separately Without Hosting

alexistkd

I think this may be a bug see the video, using latest version of blesta from my friend Licensecart

http://screencast.com/t/GIMLDOLb72ur

when blesta is configured to sell just domains it keeps showing one unnecessary step to select package, but this is just domain client may not need a hosting, i think another template or type or order should be created just for domains without hosting.

thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to add some further information to this bug report as this needs to be recognised as an issue by Blesta.

So if you want to use an order form for domain purchases only, you setup the order form as per the attached screenshot. IE. You set a "Domain package group", but not any other "package groups".

If you also select to use any of the wizard or ajax based order form templates (the standard template doesn't have this issue) you will be presented with a blank page, prompting you to "make a package selection" - as illustrated in the screencast.

Furthermore, as illustrated in the screencast, whilst with the "wizard slider" and "wizard boxes" templates you are presented with a blank page prompting to "make a package selection", you still get the "show cart" button to allow you to continue through checkout. However, with the "ajax boxes" and "ajax slider" templates, you don't get the "show cart" button, so you are completely stumped and cannot continue checkout!

At the moment, the only workaround is to use the Standard order form template if you are only selling domains.

I have to also point out that it is necessary to have a separate order form for customers who only want to order a domain name because if you attempt to only use one wizard or ajax based order form for all services which you offer (ie. an order form which has a domain package group set + other package groups) the customer cannot only order a domain name without being forced into having to purchase another package with the domain name due to the way that the wizard and ajax based order form templates work. The only way to prevent this is to use the standard order form template. I have opened a feature request for this issue here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2984-do-not-pre-select-a-package-on-order-form/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...