[Order Form] Change Language

Blesta Addons

I agree with the OP.

Correct me if I'm wrong in any of the following, but the current situation with Blesta regarding languages is:

1. As installed, Blesta only does US English.

2. Language files to be able to use languages other than the default US English can be installed, as Mike says, from translate.blesta.com.

3. This then gives the admin control panel the ability to set the site-wide default language to other than US English.

4. It also gives a logged-in client in the client area the ability to set their own language for their account, overriding the default.

5. However, these language facilities does not give the visitor/potential client to the order forms the ability to have those in anything other than the default language set in 1 or 2.

I would like to see facilities to be able to change the language in the order form for non-logged in users by means of a URL query string, in the same way that the currency in the order forms can be changed per user.

I would also mention for those interested in providing or using the British English translation files that they are far from fit for purpose. British English is a bit of a special case, though, and doesn't fit well into the crowd sourced translation utility. The great majority of the language phrases will be just the same in both US English and British English, so do not need translating. But many are, while the default US English entries would be perfectly correct. Also, I have found that many of those phrases that do need translating are incorrectly translated in the British English files, retaining US spellings and usage. For instance, the American English spelling of the British English word 'colour' is used, also the American English files use the abbreviation of the hash symbol to mean 'number', which are retained in the British English files, but are never used in the UK in that context. There are also a couple of examples of phrases in the British English files that are in some other non-English language.

1. As installed, Blesta only does US English.

Yes, The official packaged language with blesta is US english till now.

2. Language files to be able to use languages other than the default US English can be installed, as Mike says, from translate.blesta.com.

Yes, download it and upload, then install from admin , general , settings , Internationalization .

3. This then gives the admin control panel the ability to set the site-wide default language to other than US English.

Yes, the admin can change the default language .

4. It also gives a logged-in client in the client area the ability to set their own language for their account, overriding the default.

Yes .

5. However, these language facilities does not give the visitor/potential client to the order forms the ability to have those in anything other than the default language set in 1 or 2.

they can change just the currency .

• 1 month later...

IMHO, this should be more generic. Ideally the client should be able to select the language for the whole UI, not just for the order forms.

Well when the feature comes it will be all the client area as the languages aren't just aimed at the order forms :).

IMHO, this should be more generic. Ideally the client should be able to select the language for the whole UI, not just for the order forms.

They can change the language in the client area. A language selector should appear on all non-authenticated pages, if more than one language is installed. Cody has suggested so in the task. The question is more about where it should appear, and for consistency I'm leaning toward the footer but we're open to suggestions.

They can change the language in the client area. A language selector should appear on all non-authenticated pages, if more than one language is installed. Cody has suggested so in the task. The question is more about where it should appear, and for consistency I'm leaning toward the footer but we're open to suggestions.

Its better to show the Language selector on all pages (Autenticated or Not) :)

For exemple, we are Portuguese, and we have several clients in outher countries, if some client goes to Login Area or Ticket Support, and it dosent have the Language Selector (Default Portuguese), it can be a litle dificult to outher people to understand ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

+1

Hello, 

It will be nice to switch language without going to client settings. For example, my main language of Blesta portal is English. Some client find me on google search, but this client don't know english at all. I think it must be some language switcher on Portal without need of client register. I think users must switch they language by links, for example in bootstrap modal window. For example, somewhere (may be in footer) in Blesta Portal you can insert the button or link "Switch Language". When users wants to switch they language, they push this link or button, and they can chose prefer language from avaliable system packages in bootstrap modal (with flag image of Country and language name). 

When this feature will be done? 

Example:

8oUWg4K.png

SOg2eWp.png

+1

Hello, 

It will be nice to switch language without going to client settings. For example, my main language of Blesta portal is English. Some client find me on google search, but this client don't know english at all. I think it must be some language switcher on Portal without need of client register. I think users must switch they language by links, for example in bootstrap modal window. For example, somewhere (may be in footer) in Blesta Portal you can insert the button or link "Switch Language". When users wants to switch they language, they push this link or button, and they can chose prefer language from avaliable system packages in bootstrap modal (with flag image of Country and language name). 

When this feature will be done? 

Example:

8oUWg4K.png

SOg2eWp.png

It is coming: CORE-1320

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Blesta team is actually planning to implement this and any of the other language support related tasks in the next two releases?

I am not sure if they actually understand that lack of language support makes Blesta pointless for half of the countries in Europe due to multiple languages or large minority ethnic groups (with their own languages) in the countries.

In addition to this, I am sure I am not the only one who wants to target at least the local languages + English for international customers.