Domain Promos With New Hosting Packages

evolvewh

When I setup an order form, I don't see an option to provide a client with a free domain for the first year or the life of the account.  I know coupons could be used but let's face it that a customer doesn't want to be hassled trying to find or enter a coupon.  It would be nice if you could select which TLD's qualify for the given offer.

Is this feature already available and I'm missing it?

Thanks for the quick reply.  Maybe it's just me but it seems like extra work that shouldn't have to be done that way.

They are improving the domain system shortly and they are also improving the coupon system as-well shortly.

Domains: - Having a table for different prices per Register, Transfer, Renew, etc.

Promotions: Making them flexible.

• 2 months later...

I Try To Ad Free Domain With Hosting Package And I Ended Up Making Percentage Coupon That Will Work With Monthly And Annual Plans It Look Really Different And Nice, But What Should Have Now Is A Auto Coupon Adding During The Order.

A smart coupon system like GoDaddy?

The coupon system is going to be refactored before much longer. This will open it up to more possibilities, right now the coupon system is in a feature freeze due to the necessity of refactoring.

There is a package option planned called package switching where a customer may order 1 particular package, and then it will switch after x renewals to a separate package. This could be used to offer a free domain registration, that automatically changes after order so that it costs something when it renews.

The domain registrar plugin system is going to improve domain registrations overall by creating a pricing grid for TLDs (easier pricing than on the package) and consolidating registrar features. So, there's a lot that is going to be happening in terms of domains, and we appreciate your feedback.