Make Gateways Available For All Currencies

Blesta Addons

Based in this thread http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2685-gateways-and-currencies-that-not-supported/

is better or is the correct way , show gateways as payment even if the currency is not supported by the gateway .

the idea is so sample , if a invoice has a currency not supported by the gateway , the conversion rate from XXX(the currency not supported) to USD(default currency) should act if the currency is not listed in getCurrencies() function .

i prefer personnally control the ACL gateway based in countris rather than selected currencies .

Multi-Currency should be more advanced that the actual state .

NOTE : in V2 it was the multi-currency option , when is disable the gateways appear for all , if enabled the gateway appear only if the invoice has the supported currency .

The problem with this is that users may end up paying a different amount than they expect.

For example the service is $100 USD but is converted when submitting to the gateway to €85 EUR. So the invoice and transaction end up being €85 EUR. This is a problem if the invoice already exists for $100 USD, since the invoice can not be paid by any other currency.

This feature is available in WHMCS, where on each gateway, it allows you to choose a "Convert to for processing" currency.

Yup. I remember thinking, "what a ridiculous thing."

WHMCS also has a "feature" that allows you to change the currency of all previously submitted transactions by changing the client's currency. :ph34r:

haha, makes no difference to me now, just found out that Stripe will convert any non base currency to your base currency and all the other gateways do that as well so issue solved for me :)

Solved for you in stripe .

can you solve it in paypal ? moneybookers (skrill) ? and some others one ?!!!!

Yup. I remember thinking, "what a ridiculous thing."

Sorry , that is not ridiculous . that help in boosting selling .

if i want to expand new market , i should stop because i can't accept thier currency .

we have the same situation in V2.5 , we have increase our sell in some countries that has no paypal currencies with implementing this in our custom gateway .

this subject if for searching a better way to offer this feature , and not to copy/paste other's ridiculous

just to note whm** is not the only soft that has this feature , other's also has .

you can add it as a new setting , who want it ,activate , who don't like it , disable it .

Solved for you in stripe .

can you solve it in paypal ? moneybookers (skrill) ? and some others one ?!!!!

Sorry , that is not ridiculous . that help in boosting selling .

if i want to expand new market , i should stop because i can't accept thier currency .

we have the same situation in V2.5 , we have increase our sell in some countries that has no paypal currencies with implementing this in our custom gateway .

this subject if for searching a better way to offer this feature , and not to copy/paste other's ridiculous

just to note whm** is not the only soft that has this feature , other's also has .

you can add it as a new setting , who want it ,activate , who don't like it , disable it .

Why not just assign all the currencies you think you need on PayPal, I do that and if someone pays in their currency I just exchange it to USD with the Paypal converter.

Why not just assign all the currencies you think you need on PayPal, I do that and if someone pays in their currency I just exchange it to USD with the Paypal converter.

We are talking here about currency that are not supported by some gateways .

let imagine you have a company in a country that thier currency is not supported by paypal !!! how you can accept payment with paypal ?

the only one solution is to add a conversion proccessor inside the system that convert a NO-SUPPORTED currecny to a supported one like USD .

another more realistic case , a client that select XXX as default currency . when the invoice are generated with that currency , making payment with no supported gateway is not possible in blesta system .

to understand me well ,

1- add a new currency that are not in the supported corrency in paypal .

2- affect this currency to a client .

3- generate a invocie for this cleint with that corrency .

4- show me now how you can pay it with paypal .

the worst thing now in v3 , that we should add all the world's currency to the gateways , and add the conversion inthe gateway. in v2.5 it was a simple option named multi-currency , when we disable it , all the active gateways appear to the client when he want to pay . now is impossible .

IF BLESTA stuff didn't se any benifict from adding a conversion rate in the gateways for no supportred currency . make as a option that let the gateways appear to all cleints , whithout checking the currency in the cleints profile .

Stripe accept 136 currencies .

pasza = about 20 currencies .

paypal = 24 currencies .

and some gatways acept only 1 currency or 2 .

Yeah and if you can't pay with PayPal use another :P because PayPal is banned in some countries and if you have an account and they find out you will get banned and loose everything on it, so I think you shouldn't mess with the currencies but that's just me though. Stripe is much better in my opinion.

Yeah and if you can't pay with PayPal use another :P because PayPal is banned in some countries and if you have an account and they find out you will get banned and loose everything on it, so I think you shouldn't mess with the currencies but that's just me though. Stripe is much better in my opinion.

i will not offer my service for TALIBAN !!!

paypal is accepted in 90% in world countries , but it have a 24 accepted currencies . the company or the system should send to paypal a valid currency .

paypal offer tosome affrican countries like tunisia , morocco posibility to open acount and make payments , but not in local currency , just in the supported currencies by paypal .

other real example to understand well .

you have a hosting company in tunisia , the prices in tinusian dinnar , the paypal is accepted for tunisian ti use it , but with other currencies than tunisian dinnar , what we should do now ? change the amount/currency in the invoice for every one need to pay with paypal ? the same thing woth somany asian and affrican countries .

i'm reffering a blesta stuff for a good points outside the USA market . if not blesta should add a notice that blesta is made for USA and some few other countries and is NOT supporting all the other countries . if blesta need to be more competitive should listen to us (the customers) .

i'm sure a lot from Asia/Africa/Latin america/some europe countries will not switch to blesta if they can't use paypal/skrill and others gateway .

You can enable more currencies on Blesta and let your customers pick the one they prefer. Why force them them to one currency?

you have got the main probleme , we need this feature to not force client to 1 or 2 currencies .

you have not get the idea for what we are talking , the idea was well recieved by Cody , Mike, PauloV .

another time :

you have got the main probleme , we need this feature to not force client to 1 or 2 currencies .

you have not get the idea for what we are talking , the idea was well recieved by Cody , Mike, PauloV .

another time :

I don't understand? I have AUD, JPY,HUF,GBP,CAD,EUR,USD and I could enable more? Why force the clients to just to one currency so they can pay with one currency if its not accepted? There's plenty of gateways to support other countries.

I don't understand? I have AUD, JPY,HUF,GBP,CAD,EUR,USD and I could enable more? Why force the clients to just to one currency so they can pay with one currency if its not accepted? There's plenty of gateways to support other countries.

i'm Sure 100% you have not got our idea . ok , i will give you a case from your site , as i se in your site you have INR (india) currency enabled . if your client select this currency , he can't pay with paypal . that all . another more profound example , let say all your bussines based in India , you have only paypal as a gateway . the clients can't use this gateway (paypal) unless you change the currency in your site to USD or another accepted currency in paypal .

NOTE: paypal is allowed in india , but is not supporting INR .

@naja7host

I will try to make a simple mod for this to work for Blesta this week ;)

Thanks PauloV , i'm glad that my idea was well recieved , i don't know how i can exmplain that to MR Michael , maybe i have a bad english .

i have already make a se n how the gateways work in blesta 3 , i have found something different from v2.5 , also i have not see any option that i can alter the gateways functions (or maybe i have a poor skills in php :) ) , all the accepted currencies are stored in database .

i'm Sure 100% you have not got our idea . ok , i will give you a case from your site , as i se in your site you have INR (india) currency enabled . if your client select this currency , he can't pay with paypal . that all . another more profound example , let say all your bussines based in India , you have only paypal as a gateway . the clients can't use this gateway (paypal) unless you change the currency in your site to USD or another accepted currency in paypal .

NOTE: paypal is allowed in india , but is not supporting INR .

Oh lol I bet you block other payments you don't accept that's why you have issues and I don't.

Welcome to the Board!

You can use PayPal as a payment gateway and accept Indian National Ruppes currency. When the customers complete the sale the funds get sent to your PayPal account and convert to US Dollars. You will need to make sure the settings on your PayPal account are set to accept payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold. Click on the profile link (under my account), click on Payment receiving Preferences (under Selling Preferences), go to Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold (the first section) and either set to Ask Me or No, accept them and convert them to U.S. Dollars. I hope this makes sense.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-services-Archive/Receive-money-in-INR-curreccy/m-p/201430/highlight/true#M3445

Again not a Blesta issue but a PayPal (Your side) issue.

Hello Again

i believe the australian can read/writre well in english , not as the poor one i in english .

OUT of the subject , paypal not accepting INR currency . your can re-read the entire link in your post "When the customers complete the sale the funds get sent to your PayPal account and convert to US Dollars"

here is the list of accepted currency in paypal https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/currency_codes/ .

paypal is not our probleme, paypal is just a exemple here , we are talking about gateways .

i can't tell you more , if any other can explain to you more are welcome .

another time :

1- add a new currency that are not in the supported corrency in your gateways .

4- show me now how you can pay it with gateways .

THIS IS WAS POSSIBLE in v2.5 , and in all the other competitors billing system .

Hello Again

i believe the australian can read/writre well in english , not as the poor one i in english .

OUT of the subject , paypal not accepting INR currency . your can re-read the entire link in your post "When the customers complete the sale the funds get sent to your PayPal account and convert to US Dollars"

here is the list of accepted currency in paypal https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/currency_codes/ .

paypal is not our probleme, paypal is just a exemple here , we are talking about gateways .

i can't tell you more , if any other can explain to you more are welcome .

another time :

1- add a new currency that are not in the supported corrency in your gateways .

4- show me now how you can pay it with gateways .

THIS IS WAS POSSIBLE in v2.5 , and in all the other competitors billing system .

I'm not Australian, I'm British and you used PayPal as a example, I got the way to get it working on PayPal the way I have been doing it since 2010, and had no problems, It's the gateways problem not the billing system. Just because Virgin can make spaceships to get to the moon, doesn't mean British Airways, United Airlines, Air India has to as-well.

I think what this thread should be requesting is the ability to show currency equivalence.

For example, package is $100 USD, user uses GBP, so they could see on the order form:

$100 USD (approx. £78.73).

that is was we are talking , but this should be display if the client want to pay with a gateway that are not supporting the current currency , message like

ATTENTION , the Gateway that you want to pay with it not supporting USD , so the transaction will be passed with GBP , the amount that you should pay is £78.73 ($100 USD) .

BUT before that the Gateways should be open/displayed for all currencies (or at least make a option to allow/dissalow rthis feature) .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I also agree with naja7host that the thing he says should be added. I have 2 currencies INR and USD, but PayPal will only work if client is using USD. So if INR is being used blesta should convert the INR amount to USD and allow client to pay in USD. That is what naja7host is saying. I want this also.

Thanks.