Digitalocean Api Module

xxxxx

I use them for my clustering because they are cheap and reliable for the most part. I like that they are easy and they are postpay for billing. Basically, I can spin up a droplet and decide to not keep it. I would only be responsible to pay a few cents (depending on how long it was running.) However, if I keep it a month, the hourly rate converts to the monthly rate on my billing date. I don't have to buy a VPS, pay the full month, and wait for a refund. It's great for testing!

They've been around since 2011 and are well-funded from what I've read in the past. I know that the developers of JQUERY and Stack Overflow use them. I've been with them since 2012ish and have loved it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone else is interested in this please +1. There is a 3rd party (paid) module but it seems sketchy to say the least. The V2 API is in Beta so obviously they devs may wish to hold off, the the V1 API is stable and established.

- I am sure you're talking about our module, but Huh? sketchy? all of the available methods through DigitalOcean APIv2 have been included in that module, let me know what made you think it is sketchy??

- I know APIv2 is still in Beta however, developing a module based on an API v1 which will be deprecated soon, is not a good option too, another thing that made me feel comfortable about developing the module with API v2 that before starting on that module i have sent a message to DigitalOcean's support and they recommended me to use the API V2 (attached a screen shot of their reply), so with such reply, not sure why i would use the API v1 instead.

post-10676-0-08196000-1415446403_thumb.p

- I am sure you're talking about our module, but Huh? sketchy? all of the available methods through DigitalOcean APIv2 have been included in that module, let me know what made you think it is sketchy??

- I know APIv2 is still in Beta however, developing a module based on an API v1 which will be deprecated soon, is not a good option too, another thing that made me feel comfortable about developing the module with API v2 that before starting on that module i have sent a message to DigitalOcean's support and they recommended me to use the API V2 (attached a screen shot of their reply), so with such reply, not sure why i would use the API v1 instead.

1) I didn't specify whose module I was speaking out.

2) Never once did I say that the V1 API should be used, quite the opposite actually.

3) This is a request for an official module.

4) If I want support with your module, whichever that is, I'll contact you, but don't hold your breath.

1) I didn't specify whose module I was speaking out.

2) Never once did I say that the V1 API should be used, quite the opposite actually.

3) This is a request for an official module.

Hi Danny,

1) As far as i know there is only one DO module for Blesta.... Which is ours.... so obviously....  :)

2) Am i misunderstanding what you said below?

The V2 API is in Beta so obviously they devs may wish to hold off, the the V1 API is stable and established.

3) I replied to this thread only because you've pointed to the 3rd party's DO module anyways.

Hi Danny,

1) As far as i know there is only one DO module for Blesta.... Which is ours.... so obviously....  :)

2) Am i misunderstanding what you said below?

3) I replied to this thread only because you've pointed to the 3rd party's DO module anyways.

Not that I wish to drag this out, but...

1) As far as "you" know ... you don't know everything, and I never stated it was necessarily a public module. Don't assume things.

2) Yes, you are missing something. "Hold off" referring to holding off the feature implementation, and the second part was simply stating a fact.

3) See 1.

Not that I wish to drag this out, but...

1) As far as "you" know ... you don't know everything, and I never stated it was necessarily a public module. Don't assume things.

2) Yes, you are missing something. "Hold off" referring to holding off the feature implementation, and the second part was simply stating a fact.

3) See 1.

As to the 1). Where's this other one which you said "There is a 3rd party (paid) module but it seems sketchy to say the least"?

If you google Blesta+Digital+Ocean+Module you only get this thread, ModulesBakery's, and competitors...

As to the 1). Where's this other one which you said "There is a 3rd party (paid) module but it seems sketchy to say the least"?

If you google Blesta+Digital+Ocean+Module you only get this thread, ModulesBakery's, and competitors...

"...never stated it was necessarily a public module..."

I don't see a reason for Blesta to waste time on a module already done. Not only is it counterproductive and keeps much other needed development from getting done. It would discourage developers to work up modules for Blesta.

i agreed with you , i think is not the adequate time to release a official module for DO as already one in the market , is true that is paid and mybe the price + annual support is hight . but i assume blesta should keep developpers making modules for blesta , if they release the same modules , the developpers will not be interested in developping for blesta , because they feel one day the module will not be sellable in the market .

Well since you stated the "paid module" and not link or say what one it was everyone here will assume (rightly so) that your talking about his one. If it's not that one then where can I pay for this other module?  

i agreed with you , i think is not the adequate time to release a official module for DO as already one in the market , is true that is paid and mybe the price + annual support is hight . but i assume blesta should keep developpers making modules for blesta , if they release the same modules , the developpers will not be interested in developping for blesta , because they feel one day the module will not be sellable in the market .

I agree with that Blesta would not bother releasing an Official module when there is one already done, specially, when they have more prioritized/important features/plugins to think of.

As for the pricing of our module, not sure if it is allowed in this forum to talk about our own pricing, but anyways, i would agree that the owned price might not fit with everyone, thats why we have a monthly license, not sure how a $6.99 per month can be considered a high price.

As licensecart said, in addition to, not stating leaves the door open for others to assume which module you're talking about, since searching the Blesta forums and google would only gets you to the DO module that is done by us "ModulesBakery"  i had to come here and clarify things up.