Add Ip Setting For Servers And Nameservers

Daniel B

So right now, using cpanel as an example, when I setup a server, I either use the hostname or the IP...it would be nice to have a field for both (more for templating issues than anything).

Same would be nice for nameservers, being able to put the nameserver as well as the IP.

This would make it easier to add the IP of nameservers into a welcome email for resellers for example, when you have multiple servers in the reseller group.  At the moment, if you have one package that has the possibility of provisioning on separate servers there is no way to display different IPs in the welcome email. (unless I'm missing this ability somewhere that I can't see).

It would allow you to actually be able to provision reseller accounts on different servers with different IPs.

For example:

I have two reseller servers, server 1 has DNS IPs of 111.111.111.111 and 222.222.222.222, server 3 has 333.333.333.333 and 444.444.444.444.

In blesta, I have 1 reseller hosting package created, that can be provisioned on either server.  While email templates right now can pull the specific nameservers and send it in the email...it can't pull the specific IPs (I.E. I want to provide the IPs to the reseller so they can create their own nameserver records, so in order to do that I have to send a separate email or manually edit the email during the provisioning process depending on which server they are provisioned on).

If we could list the IPs along with the nameserver/hostname names...we could use {name_server} {name_server_ip} to give resellers their nameservers, or {module.ip} instead of {name_server} so we can list the hostname as well as the IP if we want to for any reason.

Don't you have to assign new IP addresses for new name servers? Or has that been done away with?

DNS is remotely clustered, all they have to do is add an A record for theirdesiredns.theirsite.com pointing to the correct IP.

It's not a huge issue, at the moment it can easily be handled by requiring them to submit a ticket requesting their custom nameservers, but anything to remove an extra step is always a plus :)

And register the name servers with their domain registrar, right?

Well yeah, but I'm just talking about on the hosts end of things.  Having them register the nameservers with their domain registrar is part of the process, and another reason why having the ability to list the IPs in the email template would be nice.

we have semilaire case for this, we provide to every reseller a 2 dedicated ip . every time we need to send a separate email about theier ips .

a best approuch ip to allow us to add DNS and thier IP (reverse) .that should be good .

i have not yet tested this in V3 , but what was in mine mind the Option Modules ( like minecraft ) .

we have semilaire case for this, we provide to every reseller a 2 dedicated ip . every time we need to send a separate email about theier ips .

a best approuch ip to allow us to add DNS and thier IP (reverse) .that should be good .

i have not yet tested this in V3 , but what was in mine mind the Option Modules ( like minecraft ) .

This is different than dedicated IPs though, the dedicated IPs ordered by a client are going to be different every time.  The hostname/nameserver IPs are specific to the server they are provisioned on.