Manually Set "date Created" For A Service

hadzo

+1 for this, we cant  modify the creation date manually, example for me i have clients on whmcs i would like to recreate them in blesta without import them but i need to set the service creation date manually

If you really want to edit them or need to edit them you can edit the database

+1 for this, we cant  modify the creation date manually, example for me i have clients on whmcs i would like to recreate them in blesta without import them but i need to set the service creation date manually

Thanks, I started thinking I was the only one who needed this badly.....

I would think if we displayed that field, it would only be shown when adding a service. Since we show the date the service was created to the user, it may make sense to allow thes field to be set. However, I don't see a scenario where it would be necessary to edit the creation date after the service was created.

This does not work as I expected...it really is a bad idea editing the DB by hand.

Dates in the database are stored in UTC, so unless you set the date in UTC, you probably inserted the date in your local timezone, which would be incorrect.

well could be useful that the only thing i like from whm... lol why? because when i already created a service i can change the Registration Date in the case of whm... but...yeah i agree totally with your idea Tyson, of having the field of creation date before creating the service that makes even more sense so in my case i dont want to import clients from whm.. instead im recreating every client manually because i like that way, but when im adding service for each client i cant set the date whm.. have as registration date.

thank you

+1 for this as well

While I don't see it as a must have feature, I can see it's usefulness

I actually have one example where I would like to be able to do it right now.  I have a vps client that I've had for quite some time and I have not added him into Blesta yet.  It would be nice to be able to set his creation date into the past when he actually became a customer when I add him.  Not important...just nice.

• 11 months later...

I think it would be very useful. I switched to Blesta from WHMCS recently because of a few reasons. However, I don't want to become overwhelmed, which is why I decided to transfer a select few clients/services manually and make sure everything is running smoothly before I move all our clients over. So, at least when first creating the service in Blesta, it would be real useful to change the creation date. Because otherwise, it can cause problems with the "Next Renewal Date" (renewal date can't be set to a date prior to the creation date).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...