[Idea] Affiliate System Plugin

Michael

+1 to this, always nice to have different options to provide...and I think that if Blesta had an awesome affiliate system with plenty of ability to customize it would put it well above the other offerings out there in yet another area.

When I think of an affiliate sytem that I would LOVE to have, I think:

- referral links that are obscure...not easy to tell they are referral links

- ability for affiliates to create their own coupons (or use precreated coupons for affiliates)

- ability to either give x% of initial purchase, recurring purchase, or a mixture of both...as well as maybe the ability to give that recurring payout for x amount of time...then either stop it or decrease it in steps

of course these are all not really "needed"...but having a massive amount of flexibility in what you can offer your affiliates would be awesome and is something that the hosting market doesn't really have at the moment...

I don't really see the point of this myself. As the affiliate gets a percentage of sales they already have an incentive to get lots of customers.

Encourage them to refer more :) if they think oh I can get more money if I refer 50 customers, even if it's a little bit more they are probably going to refer more. It's like when you're selling licenses you get them cheaper and cheaper the more you have with them, same with referrers you can get more people helping you if you help them :) but maybe a optional feature so if you tick a box it disables it and only uses one?

• 1 month later...

Like yourselves have worked with a myriad of different affiliate platforms and hosting companies own custom made affiliate systems. What seems to be the prefered, and most converting would be the following type of setup

1. Flat rate based and defined per product e.g. [£10] for Web Hosting, [£25] for Reseller etc.
2. %/percentage based - Pay [50%] for Web Hosting, [25%] for Reseller
3. Performance incentives options - Which would tie in to both of the above (e.g. performance incentives for both fixed price & % based) - If [10] approved sales per [month] then pay [£50] one-off  if [25] sales pay [£150]
4. Coupon code - This is an absolute must, and was actually a VERY popular add-on for WHMCS - Should be as standard, where a user defines a coupon code or codes exclusive to them from an pre-defined (admin created) list of  percentages, so if anyone uses this code, the commission is paid to the affiliate - - See below screenshot.
5. Affiliate link - Control what landing page it links to - Example in below screenshot too.

+ The items you've already mentioned in your Roadmap - http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1091

AFF_EXAMPLE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Is this Affiliate System Plugin ready yet? If so, is it available to activate in my system?

Thanks.

It's not available yet, but I'm in the process of spec'ing it out, and we'll be starting development soon. The goal is to have it included in 3.4, and possibly release it as a beta prior to 3.4 beta but it will depend on how quickly it comes together, and if we run into any issues.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add, that if you could incorporate a 'Days to auto-approve sale' option?

This would be an manual entry box which allows the admin to set this in-line with their money-back guarantee policy or similar. - e.g.

"Auto approve sales after [ x ] days"  (If customer is still active as using package they signed up for)

Note: That as an admin, we wouldn't want to be paying extra commissions if said customer signed up for additional products under same account, unless they did use an affiliate based link or still valid under the cookie tracking, just a side thought.

Tracking expiration would also need to have a configuration option to, be it, 1 day, 7, days etc and also consider if they are a repeat visitor or customer and whether to pay commission on these criteria. e.g. Apply for new sign-ups only or new visitors only.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...