Quote System

alexistkd

Hi, would be good to have a basic quote system in blesta as core or plugin, thats the only thing i like from whm.. i know blesta have draft, but would be cool a quote system and then if client accepts we can convert quote to invoice and/or split as needed just like this post i made in the past http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1274-blesta-have-option-to-create-quoteestimates/ i dont know what u guys think about this idea

thank you

We are definitely going to add quotes, but it will not be in 3.3. Now may be a good time to get some feedback on the details. We've discussed this internally in some detail, and we've received quite a few requests for the feature but haven't heard much in the way of how you guys would like to see it work with any specificity. ie, when a client accepts a quote and it needs to be invoiced, what options should there be? Invoice all at once, invoice half to start?

I personally would like to see better invoice customization. Maybe use .tpl files instead of .php files for better custom invoices. 

The invoice PDF's are not converted from HTML, but we have plans to allow HTML invoices in the future, and convert the HTML to PDF like other systems do. The current system is not as easy to change the layout, but is very precise, and is designed to work well in both A4 and Letter size to fit in windowed envelopes.

When we release HTML invoices (It shouldn't be very difficult to implement), then I think you'll start seeing more invoice designs/layouts from the community.

We are definitely going to add quotes, but it will not be in 3.3. Now may be a good time to get some feedback on the details. We've discussed this internally in some detail, and we've received quite a few requests for the feature but haven't heard much in the way of how you guys would like to see it work with any specificity. ie, when a client accepts a quote and it needs to be invoiced, what options should there be? Invoice all at once, invoice half to start?

I often charge 50% up front when doing big jobs. It would be nice to be able to attach multiple invoices to a quote. Unlike the draft invoices I think the quote should stay in the system and the client can view the quote and all invoices attached to it.

when a client accepts a quote and it needs to be invoiced, what options should there be? Invoice all at once, invoice half to start?

I think this is something that should be fully customizable on the quote itself.  Could be implemented similarly to how terms are implemented in package creation.

Invoice 50% now, 50% upon completion

Invoice 50% now, rest x% per month for next 6 months

100% now

etc...

• 1 year later...