Error When Trying To Activate Topic

snake

Question

when trying to activate a service for a user I am getting below error.

I have found mention the forum that it could be an issue with the welcome email for this package, but the ONLY tag I have in the email is {package.*}

I am just testing out the system right now, so really haven't not added anything custom, it is just the bare bones currently

Oh noes!

unexpected character in filters : "." at 299 on line 233 in D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o\parser.php 

Printing Stack Trace:
#0 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o\parser.php(114): ArgumentLexer->parse()
#1 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o\parser.php(75): H2o_Parser::parseArguments('package.*', 292)
#2 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o.php(106): H2o_Parser->parse()
#3 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o.php(142): H2o->parse('

???Hi {conta...')
#4 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\emails.php(806): H2o::parseString('

???Hi {conta...', Array)
#5 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\emails.php(512): Emails->buildEmail('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', Array)
#6 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\services.php(1247): Emails->send('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', 'russ@michaels.m...', Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array)
#7 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\services.php(1036): Services->sendNotificationEmail(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass), '1')
#8 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\controllers\admin_clients.php(3503): Services->edit('1', Array, false, true)
#9 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\lib\dispatcher.php(111): AdminClients->editService()
#10 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/billing/index....')
#11 {main}

14 answers to this question

ok I have solved this in case anyone else has the same issue, here is what I am putting in the welcome emai

{package.name} {pricing.price | numberformat 2, ".", ","}  {pricing.currency}

just need to get the order conformation emails working now

when trying to activate a service for a user I am getting below error.

I have found mention the forum that it could be an issue with the welcome email for this package, but the ONLY tag I have in the email is {package.*}

I am just testing out the system right now, so really haven't not added anything custom, it is just the bare bones currently

Oh noes!

unexpected character in filters : "." at 299 on line 233 in D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o\parser.php 

Printing Stack Trace:

#0 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o\parser.php(114): ArgumentLexer->parse()

#1 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o\parser.php(75): H2o_Parser::parseArguments('package.*', 292)

#2 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o.php(106): H2o_Parser->parse()

#3 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\vendors\h2o\h2o.php(142): H2o->parse('

???Hi {conta...')

#4 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\emails.php(806): H2o::parseString('

???Hi {conta...', Array)

#5 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\emails.php(512): Emails->buildEmail('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', Array)

#6 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\services.php(1247): Emails->send('service_creatio...', '1', 'en_us', 'russ@michaels.m...', Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array)

#7 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\models\services.php(1036): Services->sendNotificationEmail(Object(stdClass), Object(stdClass), '1')

#8 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\app\controllers\admin_clients.php(3503): Services->edit('1', Array, false, true)

#9 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\lib\dispatcher.php(111): AdminClients->editService()

#10 D:\HostingSpaces\russmichaels\cfmldeveloper.com\wwwroot\billing\index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/billing/index....')

#11 {main}

Hello mate,

that's a invalid tag causing that. What's the welcome email if it happened after the tag I gave you remove it and inform me which tags you can use.

ok it was indeed the {package.*} tag, I removed this and the error went away.

So I am confused now about what tags i can actually use in the email ?

can can I put details of the package in the email if it causes an error ?

Above the welcome email in the package what tags do you see or what module are you using?

Try this tag: {pricing.price | numberformat 2, ".", ","}

under module options, I see the universal module I have created "websitepanel".

under tags I have 

{client.id} {client.id_code} {client.first_name} {client.last_name} {pricing.term} {pricing.period} {pricing.currency} {pricing.price} {pricing.setup_fee} {pricing.cancel_fee} {module.*} {package.*} {service.*}

under module options, I see the universal module I have created "websitepanel".

under tags I have 

{client.id} {client.id_code} {client.first_name} {client.last_name} {pricing.term} {pricing.period} {pricing.currency} {pricing.price} {pricing.setup_fee} {pricing.cancel_fee} {module.*} {package.*} {service.*}

Try the tag I posted above I believe that will work I was a bit stupid and didn't use my brain before haha sorry :D

The {package.*} tag is not a usable tag (neither is {module.*} or {service.*}), and is only shown to suggest that you can use anything. The asterisk is a common term to denote "all". The tags that are actually available depend on your Universal Module product.

Take a look at the Universal Module documentation. In particular, the package fields for a product. In that image, there is a Label (Data Center) and a Name (dc). The value in the "Name" field is the tag. Since this is a package field, the proper use of that tag in the Welcome Email is {package.dc}. Similarly for the service fields--proper tags would be {service.hostname}, {service.ns1}, etc. So just replace the asterisk with the name of the field you created for the product.

ok i'm still not getting this i'm afraid. I am reading the docs, but they seem very limited and seem to assume prior knowledge of how the system works.

here is what I need to do.

when an order is placed, I want the confirmation email to show what they ordered.

So what tags should I put in there ?

In addition I also need to get an email sent to me telling an order has been placed so I can manually provision it. 
In the universal module settings i have set the "Post URL/Email " to my email address, but it is just sending me a bunch of JSON. Which is presumably due to thje "{% debug %}" in the notification content. What should I put in here to get sent something more meaningful ?

thanks

ok i'm still not getting this i'm afraid. I am reading the docs, but they seem very limited and seem to assume prior knowledge of how the system works.

here is what I need to do.

when an order is placed, I want the confirmation email to show what they ordered.

So what tags should I put in there ?

In addition I also need to get an email sent to me telling an order has been placed so I can manually provision it. 

In the universal module settings i have set the "Post URL/Email " to my email address, but it is just sending me a bunch of JSON. Which is presumably due to thje "{% debug %}" in the notification content. What should I put in here to get sent something more meaningful ?

thanks

you put the debug in and then send a email to yourself you can get an array of information in it.

A short list of common tags should be displayed in the Package above the WYSIWYG editor for the welcome email. The tags related to the service depend largely on the module being used, here's an example of tags available for cPanel -- http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/cPanel#cPanel-WelcomeEmail

Click "Additional Tags" for a more complete list.

What module are you using?

A short list of common tags should be displayed in the Package above the WYSIWYG editor for the welcome email. The tags related to the service depend largely on the module being used, here's an example of tags available for cPanel -- http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/cPanel#cPanel-WelcomeEmail

Click "Additional Tags" for a more complete list.

What module are you using?

I am using universal module, and as Tyson said above

The {package.*} tag is not a usable tag (neither is {module.*} or {service.*}), and is only shown to suggest that you can use anything. The asterisk is a common term to denote "all". The tags that are actually available depend on your Universal Module product.

I have tried package.name, service.name etc but everything I try throws an error.

I have looked through the docs, but I cannot find any mention of what actual tags I can use.

As I mentioned above, the tags that are available to the universal module Welcome Email on the package depend on the universal module product you are using for that package. What are the universal module Package and Service options you have setup for the product?

This example image shows a service option, (e.g. "hostname") in the Name column. So in the Welcome Email for the package, you can use the tag {service.hostname}. If a value exists for that field when the service is created, the email will show it. This Welcome Email is inserted into another email: the Service Creation email template, which can be found under [settings] -> [Company] -> . Make sure that the Service Creation email template contains the tag {package.email_html} in the HTML tab, and {package.email_text} in the Text tab. The contents of {package.email_html} and {package.email_text} is the Welcome Email you set for the package.

Once you have set the tags in the email templates, you can try adding a service for a client using that package, and fill in all of the information to activate it. After it's activated, it will send the Service Creation email. You can check the Mail Log for that client (under Actions) on the client profile page to view the email that was sent.

As I mentioned above, the tags that are available to the universal module Welcome Email on the package depend on the universal module product you are using for that package. What are the universal module Package and Service options you have setup for the product?

This example image shows a service option, (e.g. "hostname") in the Name column. So in the Welcome Email for the package, you can use the tag {service.hostname}. If a value exists for that field when the service is created, the email will show it. This Welcome Email is inserted into another email: the Service Creation email template, which can be found under [settings] -> [Company] -> . Make sure that the Service Creation email template contains the tag {package.email_html} in the HTML tab, and {package.email_text} in the Text tab. The contents of {package.email_html} and {package.email_text} is the Welcome Email you set for the package.

Once you have set the tags in the email templates, you can try adding a service for a client using that package, and fill in all of the information to activate it. After it's activated, it will send the Service Creation email. You can check the Mail Log for that client (under Actions) on the client profile page to view the email that was sent.

ok here is the universal module settings in my package

http://screencast.com/t/vPcInw5nD8h

here is my universal module

http://screencast.com/t/xvwmMX1t

here are my packages

http://screencast.com/t/TbeGatUFJw

I want to display what they have actually purchased, i.e.

1 x CF FREE