[Widgets] Encrypted Staff Private Notes

Blesta Addons

Hello All .

LAST UPDATE 09-06-2018

as promised , we are providing the widget for PauloV's MOD (original thread here http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2175-my-private-notes-encrypted-staff-private-notes/ ) .

we have created a plugin as a widgets , that can be shown in the admin dashboard .

as always the installtion steps is :

1 - download plugin from  Blesta Addons .

2 - upload the staff_notes folder inside plugin directory .

3 - goto plugins , and install Encrypted Staff Private Notes .

4 - goto dashboard , manage widgets , choose location .

5 - enjoy the content .

Screenshot

Staff_Note.png

ANY BUG/SUGGESTION REPORT IT I THIS THREAD .

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Just a feature request if you ever get around to it (I know this would probably require a lot more work on this plugin to implement).

Would be pretty nice if we could create shared notes between certain staff members (or maybe for staff groups).  Being able to list certain login/passwords for all staff in the billing department for example.  Just an idea :)

by the actual code we need to add another column for shared note , the better way to work with your feature request we need to make a separate table for notes .

note_id - unique key

note_body - varchar (255)

note_share - (array)

Ok , i will ad it to my todo list , but i have no guaranies to work on it now ... we have to finish testing the cpanel manage2 and begin the work on softacoulus reseller module .

but your idea is perfect and more usefull than current one , any one can contrubute to this plugi are welcome , he is hosted in github and is free and open for all .

@Paul, do you think it would be possible to see some community things like this in the core at some point?

There are things that are better implemented as an extension, and others better implemented into the core. In general, we prefer adding something as an extension, especially if it's not something everyone will want or need.

And, if we implemented everything people in the community contributed, then they would stop contributing. :)

There are things that are better implemented as an extension, and others better implemented into the core. In general, we prefer adding something as an extension, especially if it's not something everyone will want or need.

And, if we implemented everything people in the community contributed, then they would stop contributing. :)

I suppose Blesta could consider adding them as part of Blesta like the Proxmox and Order plugins

Why not open a section on main website www.blesta.com with all modules and plugins available to all new custumers see and be able to download?

I believe that's going to be on Blesta itself in the Marketplace, we have a section on the new Licensecart website but it's not accessible at the moment.

I believe that's going to be on Blesta itself in the Marketplace, we have a section on the new Licensecart website but it's not accessible at the moment.

Yeah, that's correct. All of these extensions would be able to be listed on the marketplace, and free ones could be installed and upgraded easily. There's a lot to the marketplace, and I wish it were already completed but we have so much on our plate.

• 9 months later...

so, I've been using this ever since you released it and found my first real issue today.  I'm setting up my first additional company, and it doesn't want to install for the second company:

SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'notes'

so, I've been using this ever since you released it and found my first real issue today.  I'm setting up my first additional company, and it doesn't want to install for the second company:

SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'notes'

i think the plugin is not supporting multi-company .

i will try to fix or look in this in profound  .

• 3 months later...

new realease . now the notes into a seperate table .

v 1.5.0

Just a feature request if you ever get around to it (I know this would probably require a lot more work on this plugin to implement).

Would be pretty nice if we could create shared notes between certain staff members (or maybe for staff groups). Being able to list certain login/passwords for all staff in the billing department for example. Just an idea :)

with the actual code , we can look for this feature .

• 1 year later...

So the key differences between this plugin and the one found at...

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2175-my-private-notes-encrypted-staff-private-notes/

1) - We do not have to manually alter our database in PHPMyAdmin

2) - The Private Notes text area is located on our Admin dashboard instead of in "My Info"

==========

Are there any other differences ?