'reply To All' And 'reply' Possibilities When Answering The Ticket

nsc

Sometimes more than 1 user participates in problem solving from client side, and all of them may reply to the same ticket.

It would be nice to be able to 'know' how much users are getting mail when support staff is replying ticket (email list).

Also, it would be nice to be able to choose to 'reply to all'  or just to one person.

Sometimes more than 1 user participates in problem solving from client side, and all of them may reply to the same ticket.

It would be nice to be able to 'know' how much users are getting mail when support staff is replying ticket (email list).

I don't understand. You can view all emails a client has received under their account, or view the mail log under [Tools] > [Logs].

Also, it would be nice to be able to choose to 'reply to all'  or just to one person.

You mean select multiple tickets and reply with the same response all at one time? I don't know about that, since there's no way to know what the last response is for every ticket selected, since that's not listed on the ticket listing page.

No, One ticket - few receivers.

Here is an example:

I'm sending You mail about the problem + 5 people in CC, that have to know the wok flow of the problem solving.

In this situation, You should reply to all, to keep all the people posted.

But if You want to send a password to me in reply - You should send only to me and ignore all those 5 users in CC.

Also all of the users in CC should have possibility to reply to the same thread (ticket).

Blesta is not going to keep track of every CC address attached to an incoming email and reply back to all of them. That could easily produce a denial of service. Tickets are one-to-one. They come from one address, and are received at one address.

Moreover, you suggest anyone CC'd should be able to reply to the ticket. That's a security concern.

The ticket system isn't a mailing list, so I don't think it should necessarily act like one.

What Denial Of Service ? People are having conversations all the time like that!

What You suggest in situation when conversation is with client, his developer and developers boss?

Just reply to the client that "our ticketing system developers says that CC will lead to dos, and we won't reply to all of You" ??? Are You kidding me???

> "Moreover, you suggest anyone CC'd should be able to reply to the ticket. That's a security concern."

That's not a security concern, it's people taking part in the problem solving.

Ok, receiving separate mails is not end of the world, because blesta has the "merge" feature. But "reply to all" ???? How should I reply to all the people that have to be posted?

Do You know that such "rules" of not making incredibly simple features does not let us to ditch simple mail?

Every few tickets we have to reply via mail, because our ticketing system does not support simple "reply to all".

p.s. kayako has this feature for ages. I haven't heard that it has any security issues with it

What Denial Of Service ? People are having conversations all the time like that!

What You suggest in situation when conversation is with client, his developer and developers boss?

Maybe the client could rely the information to the developer and developer's boss? Whose to say that the content of the ticket may not contain confidential information that the client doesn't wish to share with the developer? It could then be easy to accidentally send confidential information to third parties!

Just reply to the client that "our ticketing system developers says that CC will lead to dos, and we won't reply to all of You" ??? Are You kidding me???

No, I'm not kidding. It would be trivial to create an email that CC'd 10,000 people. Now you want Blesta to log all 10,000 CC addresses and email each one whenever the ticket is updated? That would clearly cause a denial of service that could effect not only your server, but also your mail service.

> "Moreover, you suggest anyone CC'd should be able to reply to the ticket. That's a security concern."

That's not a security concern, it's people taking part in the problem solving.

It's a security concern because it allows a multitude of users to reply to a single ticket. Blesta verifies the integrity of a ticket reply by evaluating the subject line. Allowing multiple people to reply to the same ticket can be a security concern as the reply is associated with the client and may not have necessarily come from the client.

Ok, receiving separate mails is not end of the world, because blesta has the "merge" feature. But "reply to all" ???? How should I reply to all the people that have to be posted?

Maybe a feature request to allow ticket replies to be CC'd to other contacts that are already set for the client account?

Do You know that such "rules" of not making incredibly simple features does not let us to ditch simple mail?

Every few tickets we have to reply via mail, because our ticketing system does not support simple "reply to all".

I wouldn't say this is an incredibly simple feature. Like I said, it has inherit problems. Those could probably be dealt with in some way to mitigate their effects. I don't know.

p.s. kayako has this feature for ages. I haven't heard that it has any security issues with it

There are a lot of things in Kayako that Blesta doesn't do, but it's easy to use Kayako with Blesta.

Maybe the client could rely the information to the developer and developer's boss? Whose to say that the content of the ticket may not contain confidential information that the client doesn't wish to share with the developer? It could then be easy to accidentally send confidential information to third parties!

We did that, but client wasn't very happy that he had to resend all the info each time.

And when "client is always right", we don't have any other possibility, just to reply to all.

No, I'm not kidding. It would be trivial to create an email that CC'd 10,000 people. Now you want Blesta to log all 10,000 CC addresses and email each one whenever the ticket is updated? That would clearly cause a denial of service that could effect not only your server, but also your mail service.

Well, partially yes. But there could be a warning in RED or something similar that CC has more than 5 recipients.

The warning could even be like "Suspicion of DOS: all CC were dropped"

It's a security concern because it allows a multitude of users to reply to a single ticket. Blesta verifies the integrity of a ticket reply by evaluating the subject line. Allowing multiple people to reply to the same ticket can be a security concern as the reply is associated with the client and may not have necessarily come from the client.

All replies may have an email on top or bottom that shows an email that it was received from. And if it's not the real client email, show it in red, maybe also add a warning. That's normal that other people adds some info to the same issue.

To solve the problem of credentials being sent to the wrong address - email list could be added.

I mean, there would be two possibilities "reply" and "reply to all". And near both of those buttons list of all receivers that would get that ticket answer. Usually "reply to all" doesn't have more than 3 receivers.

Ability to remove mail addresses and add new ones to CC list would be uber-awesome.

I'm not making feature request just to make unnecessary work for You guys. Every issue may have a solution. This feature would make support easier and more convenient, as currently it's impossible to reply to all, so I'm forced to reply via mail.

• 1 month later...

I just want to have an ability to reply CC'ed addresses from Blesta, and blesta not to error in case CC is added :) As we currently don't have integration of any professional ticket management systems (like ArcticDesk, which could be integrated into WH**S), and no one has any plans to write integration plugin for Blesta, it would be great to bring blesta support module to a higher level, and adding "Reply to All" is one of the missing features.

I just want to have an ability to reply CC'ed addresses from Blesta, and blesta not to error in case CC is added :) As we currently don't have integration of any professional ticket management systems (like ArcticDesk, which could be integrated into WH**S), and no one has any plans to write integration plugin for Blesta, it would be great to bring blesta support module to a higher level, and adding "Reply to All" is one of the missing features.

ArticDesk was supposed to be doing one, then they never. I asked them and they said do it yourself. So I've never looked at that software again, and it's owned by a distributor which sells Blesta.

ArticDesk was supposed to be doing one, then they never. I asked them and they said do it yourself. So I've never looked at that software again, and it's owned by a distributor which sells Blesta.

i think you are talking about licencing module ? theticket system also has a API function .

i ahve made a quick view , is not so hard to do it . maybe in the future i will look at that module , but now we have more prioroties modules/pluging i nee to finish .

i think you are talking about licencing module ? theticket system also has a API function .

i ahve made a quick view , is not so hard to do it . maybe in the future i will look at that module , but now we have more prioroties modules/pluging i nee to finish .

Nah they was doing a Module to connect Blesta to use their support system, like they did for WHM**...

Nah they was doing a Module to connect Blesta to use their support system, like they did for WHM**...

mhhh -_- , why he didn't do it ? as i see from the wiki docs they have is a not complicated task .

but i'm not see any potential case that ned to integrate any other ticket system , so it need to maintain updates for two softwares , manage two softwares (settings/users/departements ... ect ) what we are searching as admin is centralize our work in one reliable & stable system .

in the end i prefer customize the core support ticket than integrate another one .

@blesta_tester , have you tested the support from from our friend PauloV ? need you to test it . and maybe he can add some feature like this next versions .

mhhh -_- , why he didn't do it ? as i see from the wiki docs they have is a not complicated task .

but i'm not see any potential case that ned to integrate any other ticket system , so it need to maintain updates for two softwares , manage two softwares (settings/users/departements ... ect ) what we are searching as admin is centralize our work in one reliable & stable system .

in the end i prefer customize the core support ticket than integrate another one .

@blesta_tester , have you tested the support from from our friend PauloV ? need you to test it . and maybe he can add some feature like this next versions .

http://forums.arcticdesk.com/threads/blesta-integration.263/

Hi Michael,

At the moment we have no plans to write a Blesta module ourselves however the WHMCS module uses our well documented API so it would be possible to write one yourself.

Thanks