[Rewrite] Proxmox Modules

Blesta Addons

Hello All .

we want to make a improvement  of the actual proxmox module , we will try to add the falowwing

and we need to see :
- better implementation of re-isntall vm , as the current now freeze sometimes .
- auto fetch the iso(for kvm) and template (for openvz)
- allow change root password for vm (admins/staff) without using the console . (for openvz)
- remove default tempalte from server creation , and make it under package .
- add swap limit in package (for openvz)
- add CPU limit in package (for openvz)
- add QOUTA UGID limit in package (for openvz)
- add Qouta Grace period in package (for openvz)
- add start at boot (true/false) in package (for openvz)

- auto start vm at the end fo creation/activation service.
- option to choose template in add service for admin section .
- Assign new containers to specific IP's

in service info section
- add option to edit user for that server in proxmox node (locally/proxmox node) .
- add option to edit the vmid (locally) .
- add more stats (uptime/cpu usage/prossess count/load average)
- add option/tab allow admins/staff add more ip for vm .
- add option to edit UBC for VM (for openvz) (admin tab)

BIG BUG :
- if more than one server added , the package just fetch the nodes in first server . even if we change the server in the list .
- disable the console at the moment as it show a root paswword encreypted , and choose another console soft (normally it should use login/password for the vm not the root server .

If you have any suggestion we can discuss it .

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't used Blesta's Proxmox module yet but I would love to see some improvements such as these. It seems the current "official" version needs some refinement based on other comments.

+1

EDIT: Off topic, but if anyone can provide screenshots of the client side of the module in action, that'd be awesome!

we are working in the module , we will try to release it after blesta v 3.3 will be out . 

+1

Will be the best thing! Because.. best alternative of solusVM. I mean if your clients use your blesta system then proxmox module. If you not acces direct acces , the best is proxmox.

Keep up the good work

When will this out? 1-2month?

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Will be the best thing! Because.. best alternative of solusVM. I mean if your clients use your blesta system then proxmox module. If you not acces direct acces , the best is proxmox.

Keep up the good work

When will this out? 1-2month?

You are right it will improve existing and add some new funcionality,when it comes to alternatives here is some info about Virtualizor module and panel itself,maybe someone find it useful.

Well I tryed today Virtualizor and it work great with blesta.Virtualizor(for people who don-t know)nice very future rich panel with ability that end user install some of popular panels with one click.(cPanel ,Interwox,......)

.It work great with blesta module,module it self has basic option start,stop.....but we shoudn-t forget blesta is billing software not server menagment panel.

I didn-t use Virtualizor for longer time,once before I had it for few months and now I-m testing it along with Open nebula and few more.

Here is few screen s. I made,may I say that official/third party  modules are  important for blesta and one more server menagment panel can be only +

Suporrt OVZ ,KVM ,XEN (XEN ,XEN -HVM ,XCP , XCP-HVM)

Admin/root interface

virt.jpg

End user interface-pop up window with  web hosting panel auto instaler ,it install one of the poplar panels on end user VPS.

virtcp.jpg

End user interface

virtct.jpg

Template browser

vir.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i almost done the plugin , the openvz section . the fully kvm support is coming after the first beta release .

what i want now to discuss , is about some points .

1 - change pasword root from admin/client tab. this is not possible now, because proxmox is not supporting this methode .

2 - about the stats graphiques , is better to group them with timeframe or by section (cpu/memory/diskread...ect ) exemple :

a - memory graphs for (hour/day/wek/mounth/year). here we load new graphs by ressource (cpu/diskread/netin).

b - hour/day/wek/mounth/year) graphs for memory . here we load new graphs by timeframe .

3 - limit mounthly bandwith for VM is not implemented with proxmox , this can be done inside blesta , but this also is not possible (blesta doas not a llow module to add new cronjob , maybe i will try to make direct request to database in install -not tested yet- ).

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would really like a working Proxmox module also, especially for LXC.  Just want to be able to create VPS from LXC templates, reset root password/reboot/reinstall, stats. Adding ssh public key to the VPS authorised hosts would also be cool, but as long as you can SSH in once it's created is all I care.  The 3.0 dev version on Github almost kinda works.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 5:25 AM, indiemark said:

Would really like a working Proxmox module also, especially for LXC.  Just want to be able to create VPS from LXC templates, reset root password/reboot/reinstall, stats. Adding ssh public key to the VPS authorised hosts would also be cool, but as long as you can SSH in once it's created is all I care.  The 3.0 dev version on Github almost kinda works.

If something doesn't work properly in current 3.0 version, please open issue on github :) Also any ideas, improvements, bug fixes are nice to see.

https://github.com/blesta/module-proxmox