Interworx Nicknames

ServZoo

Noticed tonight when I did a manual activation using the Interworx module that the client could not login with their email address and password (sent in the welcome email.) It appears that when doing a manual activation, Blesta is creating a nickname for the new account and that is stopping the email address login from working.

I have double-checked for options to change it, but it appears to be something happening that shouldn't.

Here's what I did:

Add Service to Client:

post-10453-0-17818700-1407390117_thumb.p

The service is activated and the welcome email is sent out with username: email address and password. Upon trying to login to Interworx:

post-10453-0-69110900-1407390122_thumb.p

Going in via Nodeworx, I can see that a nickname has been set:

post-10453-0-61075400-1407390121_thumb.p

I can login with the nickname and the password.

This is strange as it doesn't display the nickname and inside Blesta it shows the e-mail address as the username.

Where does Blesta say the username is the email address when it's not? And are you trying to login using the log in link in Blesta, or directly in Inteworx?

Maybe Inteworx has changed the login in some recent update, but this is working properly for me on v5.0.14. The login clearly expects email address, password, and domain.

post-3-0-09269400-1407428987_thumb.png

When you click on the service, it shows the email address. However, it is adding a nickname to the account setup inside Interworx (I'm not setting that in Blesta when provisioning; it is setting itself automatically.) This is making the email login not work. The Interworx login form is exactly as you have posted. The issue is when I try to use the email address, it give the error I posted above. If I use the "nickname" it allows me to login. 

If I login through Blesta it work perfectly (assuming it's using the nickname.) If I go to SiteWorx directly, it will only accept the nickname; not the email address.

Does that make sense?

Well, I lied, it is setting a username:

Is there an email tag for this? I have been sending out the email address as the username (as that is the standard I was accustomed to.) 

oh that's weird there shouldn't be a username the email should be it. That username field would be best known as a nickname..

oh that's weird there shouldn't be a username the email should be it. That username field would be best known as a nickname..

It appears to be doing it on manual and cron provisioning. I haven't noticed, because we just started using Interworx.

I'm not sure why Siteworx is rejecting the email address, unless you are not including the domain as well (per my screenshot above)?

I can't login to our server with the nickname. While that is technically the username, Siteworx still expects you to enter your email, password, and domain when logging in. The "Log in" link in Blesta actually works using the email/domain combination for this reason.

• 2 weeks later...