[Plugin] Announcement -Released-

Blesta Addons
Message added by Michael,

Important Notice:

We have received reports that this developer is not responding to support requests. Some extensions may not be compatible with newer versions of Blesta.

Hey mate, I removed the folder fully, instead of removing the inside (Keeping the config.json) and it showed the upgrade button, however nothing is shown (Probably due to the missing config.json in the folder) on the plugin page.

And the settings page still doesn't work. I wonder if it's because I'm using a custom routes for my admin area?

-----

Tables look fine to me:

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.g1.PNG

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.g2.PNG

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.g3.PNG

Files in view/

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.g4.PNG

PS: using Blesta 3.3

if it was working for you before with he changed route , it need to work now , no change in the url was made , i have just added some new settings/function , nothing related to the url .

try uninstalling the plugin and remove all files , download the new files , upload , install , should have the latest version .

i have checked the reposity and it has the latet files .

anyone has the same issue ?

if it was working for you before with he changed route , it need to work now , no change in the url was made , i have just added some new settings/function , nothing related to the url .

try uninstalling the plugin and remove all files , download the new files , upload , install , should have the latest version .

i have checked the reposity and it has the latet files .

anyone has the same issue ?

I had to do that, I had to uninstall the plugin / and then re-install to get it working :s. Thank you mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, does this plugin allow JavaScript and HTML to be added to it?

this plugin has WYSIWYG editor , so for HTML yes you can add it , for javascript i have not tested , but i assume is not possible due to security case .

Does it allow setting a private announcement per client?

no , Restriced Announcement based on client Group And packages

I'd like to be able to display a graph from some code I'm going to embed for each client individually.

i think you are looking for somethink like the private message (PM) .

this plugin has WYSIWYG editor , so for HTML yes you can add it , for javascript i have not tested , but i assume is not possible due to security case .

no , Restriced Announcement based on client Group And packages

i think you are looking for somethink like the private message (PM) .

Possibly I could add the JavaScript to the head and then add the HTML to the WYSIWYG editor?? I don't know if JavaScript works like that. There are 2 bits of JS, one is supposed to go in the head, while the other is supposed to stay with the HTML on the page. 

If it would help, I'd make a group for each client :P I really need it to work. Does it need a package and a group together, or can it only do groups?

What is the private message plugin? Did someone write this already??

Thank you!!

Clare

Possibly I could add the JavaScript to the head and then add the HTML to the WYSIWYG editor?? I don't know if JavaScript works like that. There are 2 bits of JS, one is supposed to go in the head, while the other is supposed to stay with the HTML on the page. 

If it would help, I'd make a group for each client :P I really need it to work. Does it need a package and a group together, or can it only do groups?

What is the private message plugin? Did someone write this already??

Thank you!!

Clare

the private message is just a name for plugin semilar for waht you need is developped for software .

i don't know a plugin for private message is already done , maybe but is not released until now .

can you post a sample code of what you want to show to your client (java and html) . (use the other thread , this thread is just for announcement plugin ).

Hi,

@ Clare : it works. You can insert javascript code to your editor in "Source" mode. Result will be simply displayed when user click on "Read more" page.

@ Naja7host : is it a lot of work to add a new case in your plugin settings: "Must be logged in" --> "Available to Clients" (and the list of registered clients)? It would be fantastic ;)

@ Naja7host : is it a lot of work to add a new case in your plugin settings: "Must be logged in" --> "Available to Clients" (and the list of registered clients)? It would be fantastic ;)

this case is not considerated as announcement , and also if you have about 2000 or 4000 clients !! how the long list should be ?

as i have mentioned above a new plugin specially for your and clare case will be coded .

this case is not considerated as announcement , and also if you have about 2000 or 4000 clients !! how the long list should be ?

as i have mentioned above a new plugin specially for your and clare case will be coded .

haha you are right!! Thousands of client also require a little auto-completion ajax search field at the top of list ;)

If I may, I insist on that feature: an announcement could be done just for one person (and only one) for a lot of reason, don't you think? PM feature has not the same goal... messages disappear over time. A (html) private announcement page could be terrific for sales, marketing, notice or specialized notification.

Thank you for your hard work

Not sure if this was said on here or not yet however it would be neat to have something such as this to show up for new clients and once you hit the X it doesn't show up again.

One thing I've noticed is a lot of clients never read the welcome emails or emails which contain useful information however this shows up really nice in the client area when logged in as a client.

Not sure if this was said on here or not yet however it would be neat to have something such as this to show up for new clients and once you hit the X it doesn't show up again.

Good features to add , i have added to my todo list

- allow client to ignore announcement message .

- option to hide announcement in widget after X days from date creation .

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried to change Announcements in the top bar to another word but I could not! I went to the language folder but did not work after even changing some!

Yeah you need to edit the database for that, you could un-install it, and then change the language files stuff and then re-install.

You mean the navigation link in the top bar ?

Yes i mean the navigation in in the top bar.

Yeah you need to edit the database for that, you could un-install it, and then change the language files stuff and then re-install.

WOW - that's long way , is this the only way to do it?