Official Plesk 12 Api Support

j0bb13

Good day,

I was wondering about official Plesk 12 support in Blesta. When I add a server in Blesta and select Plesk 11.5, it seems to work. So the API seems to be compatible.

The API documentation says: Every version of Plesk supports several versions of XML API that were released with and before this version of Plesk. For instance, Plesk 11.0 supports version 1.6.3.5 of XML API, and it is also compatible with versions 1.6.3.4 and earlier.

It might still be worth a look to see what they actually changed and make version 12 officially supported.

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-api-rpc/index.htm

Kind regards,
Job

Blesta does not like Plesk :P

What do you mean by that? Did you have any issues?

Other way round :)

Same question :P

Thanks for the info. I haven't looked over the recent changes yet, but since Plesk is backward compatible between versions, you shouldn't experience any issues with the functionality that it already supports.

No problem. I haven't found any issues yet, but haven't tested it very in depth yet.

What do you mean by that? Did you have any issues?

Same question :P

No problem. I haven't found any issues yet, but haven't tested it very in depth yet.Currently, WHMCS + modulegarden is the best solution for panel PLESK

Blesta + cPanel or Plesk just works and nothing more. Maybe in two years something will change. Currently, WHMCS + modulegarden is the best solution for panel PLESK and cPanel. It is my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Blesta + cPanel or Plesk just works and nothing more. Maybe in two years something will change. Currently, WHMCS + modulegarden is the best solution for panel PLESK and cPanel. It is my opinion.

The thing is (http://www.forum.modulesgarden.com/hyde-park/blesta-versus-whmcs-t1752/) ModulesGarden made an agreement with WHM** to not do anything for Blesta, so you can't really say that, as they took the cheap way out.

OK, what's the difference Blesta 2.5 - 3.3? The same problem, Blesta does not have the necessary modules. Blesta 5.5 will change anything? Probably not.

2.5 had a lot of modules / plugins, 3.0 is modular and modern. Just because it's not full of modules doesn't mean it's not good... WHM** took since 2005 to get where they are, built on top of it, Blesta took a new approach to 3.x and isn't full of third party stuff for over 7 years.

Blesta + cPanel or Plesk just works

I'm not sure what do you wan't any more from billing and accounting software?To transfer all funcionality of cPanel,Plesk,SolusVM...etc in to Blesta or in to WHMCS,well why do we than need those panels in first place?I can agree that we need more modules and other addons expecually third party but I never undestand why some webmasters double or triple same funcionality through modules.It is OK for me to include some basics in module but I don't want transfer half cPanel or SolusVM futures in Blesta