What Is Stopping You Switching To Blesta?

Michael

46 members have voted

1. 1. What's preventing you from moving to Blesta?

• Centovacast Module
    • PayMill Gateway
    • Domain Magement refactor
    • OpenSRS Registrar
    • DigitalOcean Module
    • Affiliate System
    • Braintree Gateway
    • Xero Accounting
    • V.me Gateway
    • Knowledge Base
    • Refactor Coupons
    • Mass Mail
    • Payzippy Gateway
    • Quote system
    • Customer Satisfaction Surveys
    • Fraud Record
    • Hostbill Importer
    • ClientExec Importer
    • Electronic Signature
    • Other

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I have been keeping an eye on your system for a long time now. I am currently using Hostbill, and would love to get away from it.

The main things stopping me changing is I don't like how domains are handled currently in Blesta, and have been eagerly awaiting the new domain management system to see if it suits. Also hostbill Migrator.

We also run Parallels Plesk Automation, I don't think I have seen any billing system other than their own have a module for this, but we could probably write this ourselves. And our Australian domain registrar is TPP wholesale, again we could write the module for this ourselves too.

Hi Guys, I have been keeping an eye on your system for a long time now. I am currently using Hostbill, and would love to get away from it.

The main things stopping me changing is I don't like how domains are handled currently in Blesta, and have been eagerly awaiting the new domain management system to see if it suits. Also hostbill Migrator.

We also run Parallels Plesk Automation, I don't think I have seen any billing system other than their own have a module for this, but we could probably write this ourselves. And our Australian domain registrar is TPP wholesale, again we could write the module for this ourselves too.

Blesta is hoping to release the new domain management plugin however it's going to take a long time to complete it fully, so it might come 3.5 - 3.6 etc. But it is one of their main priority. As for the Hostbill importer I believe that might be the next one on their list that or clientexec.

Thanks for your feedback!

As Mike mentioned, we are working on better domain support. A HB migrator is also planned, but migrators are very time consuming to build and most people are migrating to us from the other guys. Hopefully we'll be able to focus on a migrator once some of the bigger issues (like the domain plugin) are resolved.

You should definitely be able to write the other extensions you need, or hire someone to do it if we don't have support for them. Blesta is more developer friendly than any of the other guys, and more and more developers are becoming familiar with Blesta.

Please check hover and enom domain management their design and management easy and simple. Also add all feature none of company don't have that. then blesta will best domain management in billing.

Register
Transfer
Renew
Registrar Lock
Update Nameservers
Update WHOIS
Get EPP Code
Register Nameservers
DNS Record Management
Register a Name Server
Push a Domain

*  Bulk Tools
          o Overview
          o Bulk Register
          o Bulk Transfer
          o Bulk Renew
          o Bulk Check
          o Bulk Push
          o Bulk Add DNS Service

Thank you
Mahmudul

Thanks for your feedback!

As Mike mentioned, we are working on better domain support. A HB migrator is also planned, but migrators are very time consuming to build and most people are migrating to us from the other guys. Hopefully we'll be able to focus on a migrator once some of the bigger issues (like the domain plugin) are resolved.

You should definitely be able to write the other extensions you need, or hire someone to do it if we don't have support for them. Blesta is more developer friendly than any of the other guys, and more and more developers are becoming familiar with Blesta.

• 3 months later...

Looks like the main 4 needed are:

- Mass Mail

- Affiliate System

- Knowledge base

- Domain manager refactor

Yup, i voted 3 of there :D

Mass mail, Affiliate System, and Knowledge base. And the important is knowledgebase with seo friendly. Google should crawl it :P

Yup, i voted 3 of there :D

Mass mail, Affiliate System, and Knowledge base. And the important is knowledgebase with seo friendly. Google should crawl it :P

Yep it is :) and I get a few visitors from Google for the articles, I think a Knowledge base is amazing because that's how I got visitors on my old brand

Licensecart, thank you for a nice poll! Would you be willing to add "EU compatible billing/invoicing system" there? There are some strict tax/invoicing rules which should be followed, and Blesta still doesn not fulfill that for EU companies, so it prevents EU-registered companies from using it for billing/invoicing. And of course, we'd like Blesta to be fully compatible with EU rules.

Licensecart, thank you for a nice poll! Would you be willing to add "EU compatible billing/invoicing system" there? There are some strict tax/invoicing rules which should be followed, and Blesta still doesn not fulfill that for EU companies, so it prevents EU-registered companies from using it for billing/invoicing. And of course, we'd like Blesta to be fully compatible with EU rules.

Your best to add a feature request for them and explain why, because they'll have to look at them and work out a way because the EU is a pain in the ass and most countries don't need / or do the same things.

Your best to add a feature request for them and explain why, because they'll have to look at them and work out a way because the EU is a pain in the ass and most countries don't need / or do the same things.

Would argue that proper accounting is beneficial to every company, not just those in the EU.

Licensecart, but if that's one of the reasons preventing us and many others from moving to Blesta, shouldn't that be added to a poll? :) I think that "other" is too abstract for me to vote for. In addition to, all of the poll items are "feature requests" also. Thank you for understanding.

It's a old poll ;) I need to make a new one after 3.5 so we can see what could help. But the thing is... the reason you mentioned could be anything from the invoices to payments to tax to vatmoss....

Loving the system so far ;) Tweaking somethings with the theme before we go 100% live but that's on my end. My Trial is almost over so I'm considering the add-on company license, all looks and works well. Now that I'm using the system I've already made a few addon's my self, all works in progress hope to share with the community sooner then later. Nice job team. Old topic I know, but if developers are good, software is good then everyone should consider giving blesta a go! Glad I made the switch at this point. Cheers!

EU is too strict on everything and it's pathetic.

Could very well be.

But I have been told that tax inspectors exist outside the EU as well. :o

Not all countries may have exact rules about what needs to be on an invoice, and what administration you must keep, but they generally do appreciate it if the information you do have is accurate, and do require that you have sufficient information for your turnover to be calculated and taxed properly.

Things like back dated invoices, and dynamic address information -that suddenly may show a different state/country than originally, not matching the sales tax charged- are not going to earn you kudos anywhere.

• 6 months later...