Domain Manager

flangefrog

This are all the ideas related to domains I have, not all of them are for the domain manager. I'll expand on the list later and say how I think they should actually be implemented.

1. Allow clients to set default nameservers
  2. Easy way to set nameservers back to hosting company's default
  3. Select whois contacts from client's contacts - will fill in all fields possible leaving extended fields to be populated manually.
  4. Easy way to set contacts "same as registrant" or "same as tech"
  5. Possible linking of whois contacts and client contacts
  6. Allow customers to set auto renew and term
  7. Expiration reminders set per extension to comply with registries
  8. Group extensions by allowing multiple package groups on domain and other form
  9. List all extensions with prices and module/account
  10. Set pricing for registration, renewal and transfer
  11. Automatic import of existing domains from registrar
  12. Periodic price import from registrar
  13. Sync expiry dates with registrar
  14. After renewal update expiry dates as renewal term may start from payment date not expiry date
  15. Log domain history
  16. Allow pre-registrations
  17. Check transfers completed
  18. Set if registration/transfer allowed
  19. New "universal module" for domains with whois check
  20. Add new statuses like pre-registered, transfer in progress

Need Complete DNS management all domain company provide that free.

Accessing the Zone File
Filtering Records
Adding or Editing A Records
Adding or Editing CNAME Records
Adding or Editing MX Records
Adding or Editing TXT Records
Adding or Editing SPF Records
Adding or Editing SRV Records
Adding or Editing AAAA Records
Adding or Editing NS Records
Deleting Records
Checking Your Records

To add to the above:

Need to allow 3rd party DNS via a separate module

I.e. I use zonomi.com at the moment (although I'd like to replace it with my own service later) for all domains at all of the registrars.

Zonomi does testing to check the domain's nameservers are correctly set among other tests and emails you periodically to remind you to make changes. This could be a nice feature for Blesta but not highest priority. You can try it out with a free Zonomi account.

Sometimes it's hard to know how much of the DNS/Hosting management etc should be in the billing system, I'm wondering whether this is best served by an external control panel accessed in the same way as cPanel etc.

To add to the above:

I.e. I use zonomi.com at the moment (although I'd like to replace it with my own service later) for all domains at all of the registrars.

Zonomi does testing to check the domain's nameservers are correctly set among other tests and emails you periodically to remind you to make changes. This could be a nice feature for Blesta but not highest priority. You can try it out with a free Zonomi account.

Sometimes it's hard to know how much of the DNS/Hosting management etc should be in the billing system, I'm wondering whether this is best served by an external control panel accessed in the same way as cPanel etc.

Just wondering what would it take to use DNS from Provider like LogicBoxes. I have seen In PauloV's edited module he was able to add Child Name servers to the module, wouldn't It be possible to get the DNS into the same module? 

Yeah, it's possible and not too hard to do. But not a great solution if you want to use just one DNS provider unless you manually edit all modules to use your chosen provider. An option for some would be to use cPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin DNS control panels with replication to remote servers, that doesn't work if you just want the domain + DNS though.

Yeah, it's possible and not too hard to do. But not a great solution if you want to use just one DNS provider unless you manually edit all modules to use your chosen provider. An option for some would be to use cPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin DNS control panels with replication to remote servers, that doesn't work if you just want the domain + DNS though.

I get your point, I think most need just DNS + Domain. However i have checked the listed here http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/dns_manager/features and I think it's a great list of providers + Self hosted softwares

cPanel/WHM + cPanel Dns Only is the best solution for DNS! http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/dns_manager/features

this in my TODO list , i'm working with it for previos version , i will upgrade it to v3.3 , but i don't think i will make it free , it will be a paid module .

EDIT ; my module is just for CPanel/Whm zone dns .

We are from 1isi.com and We provide full DNS for all our domains Free of cost.ENOM and other company do so.Its really important to add this option in domain manager.

To add to the above:

• 2 weeks later...

Agree! Need to be able to sell domins like Godaddy and have it so that people can manage their DNS but, not have a hosting account. Managing the cPanel DNS is easy from their PHP API. A full module for this would be great so that we can use our eNom reseller account to sell only domains+dns and have it all managed via Blesta.

@ninja7host

No worries about paid.. Like most in here, I don't mind paying for great products and support. We also paid modules garden to create a custom cPanel restore feature for cPanelExtended. We're timing a move to blesta to get away from the WHMCS monolithic system!

We are cPanel/WHM only and the DNS module would help us make that move :)

this in my TODO list , i'm working with it for previos version , i will upgrade it to v3.3 , but i don't think i will make it free , it will be a paid module .

EDIT ; my module is just for CPanel/Whm zone dns .

P.S. WHMCS support is getting worse by the month. When you ask them a simple dev API question, they give sparse answers with a canned use one of the WHMCS developers in the forums and never really answer questions.