Namesilo Plugin

jbincs

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I've started this project here:

https://github.com/NETLINK/Blesta-Namesilo

Still a fair bit of work left, and any help would be appreciated.

For testing purposes, an already registered domain in a Namesilo account can be added through the admin backend and then managed from the client section. Nameserver and Whois management, registrar lock and EPP functions should be working, however, improvements are still possible.

Hi, can you please advise as to what the best approach is for adding a registered Namesilo account through the admin backend?

I have completed all the basics i.e. acquired an API key from Namesilo etc, Just not sure how to link the two up, so as to pull in my registered domains from Namesilo.

I would like to complete these steps for testing purposes obviously.

Thanks in advance.

Hey! Once you have the module installed, you can go to Settings -> Modules -> Manage (Namesilo) -> Add Account. There, you can add your username and API key. Once you have that done, you'll have to add a new (domain) product under Packages. Select Namesilo as the module and then choose your domain extensions. When you've that done, you should be good to go. To add already existing domains, you just go through the process of adding a new service under your test account, but you leave the "Provision using the Namesilo module" option unchecked.

Let me know how you get on.

• 6 months later...

No problems to report as yet! Have you considering adding DNS management or email forwarding options to the module? I know this is a common request for most registrar modules but with Namesilo I think this would work particularly well if it can be facilitated.

Do you know of any other registrar modules that support DNS management currently?

I can do it. But I have limited time and resources. And personally, I use dedicated DNS servers. If the demand is there, though, I'm willing to give it a shot. I might start a crowdfunding project.

i think is better to wait until v4.1 , to not loose time in thing maybe will not be working in v4.1 .

i think is better to wait until v4.1 , to not loose time in thing maybe will not be working in v4.1 .

Well, I need to finish the Client Billing Statements plugin first anyway. I'm currently working on an additional feature for the Namesilo module and then, I need to get back to the Statements plugin.

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, fossxplorer said:

Hi  @netlink

Do you plan to update the module to support .cloud and newer TLDs? I'll donate if that's what you need to get it done :)

Isn't it just adding them in the config/namesilo.php.  Or is more to it?  

Keep in mind I am just asking.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

That's good news! I am guessing we could overwrite the old one without having to re-assign packages to every single client with a domain?

I would set it up in the test system and try it..  you have a test system right.  I think the blesta license allows for this right @Paul

6 hours ago, mrrsm said:

Hey @NETLINK, I would be happy to make a PR to add the change for pulling/caching all the available extensions from namesilo.  As long as you plan on merging PR's I'm happy to contribute.

@Lucas you should be able to overwrite it as it is just an update to the same module.

Of course, any contributions are welcome. It is a good idea to fetch a list directly from the registrar. I haven't looked at the code yet, but maybe it'll be possible to identify and flag those extensions with special validation requirements. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2015 at 1:51 PM, NETLINK said:

Hey! Once you have the module installed, you can go to Settings -> Modules -> Manage (Namesilo) -> Add Account. There, you can add your username and API key. Once you have that done, you'll have to add a new (domain) product under Packages. Select Namesilo as the module and then choose your domain extensions. When you've that done, you should be good to go. To add already existing domains, you just go through the process of adding a new service under your test account, but you leave the "Provision using the Namesilo module" option unchecked.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi, this works but the renewal date is not synced. Is there a way that the actual expiration date be fetched and updated? I am doing it manually for now through Clients > Manage Service > Actions > Change Renew Date.