Default Blesta Client Area Url?

Sam

I just installed a trial copy of Blesta, and I'm highly intent on purchasing it. However, one thing I've immediately noticed that seems very counter-intuitive and backwards to me, is the location of the client area URL.

Hypothetically speaking, I've installed blesta at:

http://my.domain.com/

Why on earth should a client have to go to http://my.domain.com/client in order to login when 'my.domain.com' should be where the client goes to serve that purpose? Why would you want to give clients the options to fill out support tickets before they are logged in? Why would you want to include a link to product order forms, when those are almost always built into other areas of the website?

Blesta is billing software, and a majority of things that clients do involve logging in. E.g. requesting tickets, paying support, or anything else along those lines. Why add a roadblock (an extra step) that prohibits them from doing so?

Is there any way that I can automatically redirect all of my client requests from 'my.domain.com' to my.domain.com/client such that my clients can get right to business and not be obstructed by this weird intermediate area that seems to serve no legitimate purpose? Would I be able to accomplish this with an .htaccess directive, or would I need to add a PHP redirect somewhere in the code?

Paying invoices, viewing documents, and anything else that Blesta supports should be as easy as possible for clients. It is for this reason that I've created a brandable client area. As soon as my client hits 'my.domain.com', I want them to see a login form right away.

Thanks!

It's a bit like most systems, you have a client area and a admin area. Clients go to /clients or your client route, mine is customers.

Admin area is /admin or your admin route. You can set these in /config/blesta.php

/**
 * Admin panel directory name
 */
Configure::set("Route.admin", "admin");
/**
 * Client panel directory name
 */
Configure::set("Route.client", "clients");

You also have to remember each area has different templates and different files.

As for not allowing clients to open tickets without being logged in there's a nice little section on the department which says:

Allow only clients to open or reply to tickets

Tick it and they have to be "Logged in" to open a ticket / reply to a ticket.

Could I change client route to simply "/" or would that break blesta?

Yes I think it would break Blesta by causing a loop, but you can try it if you wish.

But what I'm saying, is that for my purposes, the "intermediate area" should just simply be the client area.

People don't go to the client area, to then go to the client area. It just seems so backwards.

The index page is the portal if you un-install the portal you are directed to the login page at all times.

• 1 year later...

I know it's kind of old, but as I just install it with trial version, I also want this feature. The main blesta install address IS the client area, so there is no need to add extra url.

You can only do so by removing the portal, but then again it would still go to /client/login/ but you won't have enough step.

Could I change client route to simply "/" or would that break blesta?

Yes I think it would break Blesta by causing a loop, but you can try it if you wish.

I did that and it didn't work, causing too many redirects

You can only do so by removing the portal, but then again it would still go to /client/login/ but you won't have enough step.

I know, and I did, but it's ugly

I did that and it didn't work, causing too many redirects

I know, and I did, but it's ugly

well you can choose ugly, keep it as it is or edit the core and try and change the way the portal / blesta works. Myself I prefer using blesta as your site and then it "doesn't look weird" having client after the url.

Used "" because I don't believe it looks weird.

• 1 year later...

I tried to edit the config/routes.php and tried both "Configure::set('Route.client', '/');" and "Configure::set('Route.client', '');" but it don't works.

I want the client can access website in "subdomain.domain.tld" not "subdomain.domain.tld/client"

Could someone help me? Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience.

16 minutes ago, SEYPH said:

I tried to edit the config/routes.php and tried both "Configure::set('Route.client', '/');" and "Configure::set('Route.client', '');" but it don't works.

I want the client can access website in "subdomain.domain.tld" not "subdomain.domain.tld/client"

Could someone help me? Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience.

You can change it from /client/ to /somethingelse/, but you can't make it appear at the root of the directory, which is where the portal loads by default.