Here is my module for Web Drive. I've been using this for several months but just recently rebuilt parts of it to work around some Web Drive quirks. Unfortunately I can't really recommend using Web Drive with Blesta until they make some big changes to their API and reseller system. Presently there are lots of bugs and missing features in their system. This might help if you are already using Web Drive though. Domains, contacts etc will need to be moved to a subaccount for each client in with the username set as the client's ID i.e. 1500. The module is only built to work with New Zealand domains. Web Drive use a reseller (OpenSRS) for their gTLD domains and have some bugs with gTLD contacts so it is better to use a module that directly interfaces with a top level reseller for gTLDs.

The module does have some features not present in other registrar modules including input validation and pre-filling WHOIS data but allowing changes to be made. It also allows you to select Add, Transfer or Register when adding a service via the admin panel.

There are still some things to do (look in code for TODO) but I may not do any more work on this module as I will be switching to another registrar.

grqPdEh.gif

module_webdrive_1.0.0.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone else have this installed and working very well with 3.5.1 ??

So far so good yes with 3.6.

in webdrive.php comment out all '$this->setSubaccountUser($api, $service->client_id);' lines.

I've not fully tested this yet but after doing that I'm able to request UDAI, change nameservers and get whois info.

Once I've done more testing, as I'm not sure what this change effects properly yet, I'll update this post.

So far so good yes with 3.6.

in webdrive.php comment out all '$this->setSubaccountUser($api, $service->client_id);' lines.

I've not fully tested this yet but after doing that I'm able to request UDAI, change nameservers and get whois info.

Once I've done more testing, as I'm not sure what this change effects properly yet, I'll update this post.

Please read the first post, the reason why you couldn't request UDAI, change nameservers etc is because each domain needs to be moved to a correctly named sub account. There are a few reasons for this, one main one is as following:

Web Drive does not have separate contact info for each domain. You can have one contact which is set as the registrant (or other) contact for several domains. This means that when a client edits contact info for their domain they will also edit the contact info for any other domains that contact is assigned to, some of which may be your own or another client's. Running API commands as a specific user makes this less of a problem by limiting changes to contacts within their own subaccount.

This won't usually be a problem for domains created by this extension (e.g. registered through Blesta) as it creates three separate contacts per domain.

Please read the first post, the reason why you couldn't request UDAI, change nameservers etc is because each domain needs to be moved to a correctly named sub account. There are a few reasons for this, one main one is as following:

Web Drive does not have separate contact info for each domain. You can have one contact which is set as the registrant (or other) contact for several domains. This means that when a client edits contact info for their domain they will also edit the contact info for any other domains that contact is assigned to, some of which may be your own or another client's. Running API commands as a specific user makes this less of a problem by limiting changes to contacts within their own subaccount.

This won't usually be a problem for domains created by this extension (e.g. registered through Blesta) as it creates three separate contacts per domain.

Thank you for taking the time to explain flangefrog.  I must have not read that part of your post well enough, maybe put it in a new paragraph called setup, or just bold it where it is to make it stand out and add 'in your webdrive reseller account' to the end of it.  Not trying to nit pick but if I missed it others may too.  I appreciate the time you have taken to write this module and make it public.

None of our contact information is shared between our customer domains every domain uses different contact details so this should not be a problem.  This could be because we have never used there control panel we have always used a custom built system which just added new contacts for every domain we registered and when we transferred to them they created new contacts for every domain even if they were the same details.

I will look more into this but I don't much like the idea of moving 1000+ domains into sub accounts in webdrive.

happy  to see/hear you again :)