Support Ticket Update Via Email Reply

aosoft

Question

The default text of the email sent to a customer when an admin creates/updates a support ticket suggests that the customer can simply reply to the email to update the ticket.  This does not appear to be set up currently on our system.  Assuming this functionality is available, how does one go about configuring this?

Thanks.

19 answers to this question

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I found the email settings in the department setup (Support > Departments > Edit), somehow I missed that before.  Haven't gotten it to work yet, but I have some things to try now, and might have to fix some email routing stuff to get it straightened out.  Thanks again.

Done that ok thanks to your video

But when I go back to support and select piping I am still getting the error "The PHP Mailparse PECL extension is required for parsing email tickets."

Support are saying Mailparse is installed ok

Maybe they haven't installed the pecl edition of the extension. They need to do the Pecl modules on WHM. Or it's best to move to you own environment because then you can do itself and get it working. With InterWorx you can install it with yum commands, but if you do that on a cPanel server it can break, so they have to do it via WHM.

I hope this can be helpful for someone else with the same problem as I had.

I noticed on our servers that mailparse was only installed for cli and fpm and not for apache2, thus I had to include it for Apache too as follows:

we are using apache2 with php7.0. on ubuntu 16.04

1. find path of file mailparse.ini:
# cd /; find / -name *mailparse.ini

/etc/php/7.0/mods-available/mailparse.ini
/etc/php/7.0/fpm/conf.d/20-mailparse.ini
/etc/php/7.0/cli/conf.d/20-mailparse.ini

2. I then copy mailparse.ini from cli to apache2 and needed to edit and include the full path:

# cp /etc/php/7.0/cli/conf.d/20-mailparse.ini /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-mailparse.ini

# nano /etc/php/7.0/apache2/conf.d/20-mailparse.ini
and add full path as: extension=/usr/lib/php/20151012/mailparse.so

the full path I got from running # find / -name *mailparse.so

3. Restart Apache:
# systemctl restart apache2

4. See if apache restarted without errors:
# systemctl status apache2

and now my test.php file with phpinfo(); shows mailparse support! :-)