Domestic Registrar Vs International One

Dominick

Question

10 answers to this question

Not sure what country you're in but I find local domains cost 3 - 4 times as much at most international registrars. You may want to check the latency to the registrar's API, my latency for US registrars is > 300ms and so Blesta doesn't feel very snappy. It's not a big deal though so you can just go with the one that has the best range and prices.

It depends on several factores, but the Price and Security of the Registrar are the main factores :)

We use several registrars:

- One Country registrar for ccTLD from our country

- Four International Registrars because there are some domains TLD's that are chepear then outhers and we try to manage it all to survive in this tight competition world :)

Thank you for your reply,

As far as I could measure domestic registrars reply with a ping of 7 ms and international with a ping of about 120 - 150 ms. 

In terms of domain pricing there isn't a big difference but our national registrar only replies to support requests once a week making it difficult to trace issues if there is one. The main reason we are looking at international registrars is because there aren't any modules available for our own registrars. We are talking to have one coded for us but were also looking at international registrars since blesta supports them already :)

p.s. Which one of the registrars blesta supports are you using? I read good things about namecheap but they don't offer the .nl domainname so it's up to:

- Logicboxes (NetEarthOne) or

- Enom

I made a spreadsheet showing the extensions supported and their prices for several registrars. It's a few months out of date though.

https://docs.google.com/a/michaellawton.co.nz/spreadsheets/d/1N4X--5eBkme8yax36Tk2qJdPWvG85ruXcxM6GA6kyzs/edit?usp=sharing

this file ned authorization can you make it public for 1 day :)