Speak To Search..

Michael

Would you like this feature?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a speak to search feature on Blesta?

You know some sites which you can click on a button and you can use your microphone (Laptop, Phone) to talk and it will recognize it.. Well I believe this would be a good feature request for the future.

boxqt3oi.png

That would be pretty slick.. May be some time off in the future though

It might be easiest to implement a sitewide google search as it already has this ability.

But that's not where you can say what your looking for.

If I wanted a client, I knew his name, I'd click that and say the name it's searched it instantly. 

• 1 month later...

It's already possible.

Just add x-webkit-speech to the end of the input field.

Then you can add a simple javascript timer/delay that would submit the form (to search) after it detects a value in the field...

It's a feature exclusive to webkit browsers I'm assuming. Do you think people would use this on a regular basis?

It's a feature exclusive to webkit browsers I'm assuming. Do you think people would use this on a regular basis?

Yeah, I caught on to the "webkit" part of the code...

I don't know..it seems cool in theory, but it might get confusing if you have clients with crazy spelled names? I mean, I may not know how to spell it, and it may not know either! lol

Yeah, so far I see this as a kinda neat feature, but perhaps not terribly useful. Maybe we should revisit this one later, do a poll or something and gauge feedback.

To search a client say their first name a dropdown shows the clients with the name, say 145 and it shows the invoices & clients under that number :D 3.1?

Added a poll.

This can quickly and easily be changed by changing /app/views/admin/default/structure.pdt:

<?php
							$this->Form->fieldText("search", "", array('class' => "search", 'placeholder'=>$this->Html->ifSet($search_options[$this->Html->ifSet($default_search_option, "smart")])));

?>

to:

<input type="text" name="search" value="" class="search" placeholder="Smart Search" x-webkit-speech>

This can quickly and easily be changed by changing /app/views/admin/default/structure.pdt:

<?php
							$this->Form->fieldText("search", "", array('class' => "search", 'placeholder'=>$this->Html->ifSet($search_options[$this->Html->ifSet($default_search_option, "smart")])));

?>

You can still use the Form component:

$this->Form->fieldText("search", "", array('class' => "search", 'x-webkit-speech' => "x-webkit-speech", 'placeholder'=>$this->Html->ifSet($search_options[$this->Html->ifSet($default_search_option, "smart")])));