Changing Blesta Logo

moodyauthor

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi all, I did search for this but could not find an answer, to stop Blesta for showing end users the Blesta logo at /app/views/client/bootstrap/images/logo.png is there a preferred way of changing it? Or do I just upload my own graphic to the same location?

Thanks,

MoodyAuthor

You can replace it or change the design: Settings > Company > Look and Feel > Client > Select a non default > Logo link at the bottom.

You can replace it or change the design: Settings > Company > Look and Feel > Client > Select a non default > Logo link at the bottom.

This is the recommended way to do it, so that you don't have to worry about it when you upgrade. If you overwrite the file, you'll have to add it back whenever you upgrade. Setting a different logo for the theme is the best way to go.

This is the recommended way to do it, so that you don't have to worry about it when you upgrade. If you overwrite the file, you'll have to add it back whenever you upgrade. Setting a different logo for the theme is the best way to go.

I use a slightly different technique, so that even on a clean new Blesta install where the end user has not changed the therme.

In my apache config I use the following:

Alias /app/views/admin/default/images/logo.png /blesta/common/images/logo.png
        Alias /app/views/client/default/images/logo.png /blesta/common/images/logo.png

...this basically over-rides the default images with my own, but if the user changes the logo in the theme then theirs is used.

-Barry

On 10/28/2014 at 12:10 PM, Paul said:

I'm trying what was said above but the only thing I can see is a place to upload an entire theme, not just a logo. If I click on "specify options manually" then I get a form to fill out but still no way to upload the logo. Any help would be appreciated!

9 hours ago, Jstuts5797 said:

I'm trying what was said above but the only thing I can see is a place to upload an entire theme, not just a logo. If I click on "specify options manually" then I get a form to fill out but still no way to upload the logo. Any help would be appreciated!

You need to export the default theme and then import it you'll be able to edit the logo then.

9 hours ago, Jstuts5797 said:

Thanks! Got it! Now after changing the logo... no logo appears at all.. just the placeholder.  Any ideas?

Did you enter the full URL to the logo in the field? If you copy/paste that URL into your browser does the logo load? It's a good idea to use https:// for the logo, some browsers will not load unsecured content, and that could explain why it doesn't appear also.

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Did you enter the full URL to the logo in the field? If you copy/paste that URL into your browser does the logo load? It's a good idea to use https:// for the logo, some browsers will not load unsecured content, and that could explain why it doesn't appear also.

I did use the full URL including https. When I copy and paste the link into my browser it does indeed load.