Uk State "york" - Yorkshire?

gutterboy

Question

14 answers to this question

Well yeah lol...... when you click on York in that list it takes me to the Wikipedia page I was looking at before; that York page is for the city; which resides inside Yorkshire or North Yorkshire? lol

I see Blesta has an entry for North Yorkshire though.

Yeah it's a authority (council) but the ISO list it so Blesta uses that same with other countries :) it means they are correct etc :)

In the US all school children are taught and memorize all 50 states, and these correlate to ISO 3166-2 subdivisions perfectly. So it's a little funny to see the confusion between what you, as UK residents, expect vs. what the ISO and your BSI has defined for the UK. :D

Britain is confusing in every way haha some words mean this and that depending how it's used that's why I prefer American English mate :D

Expect the list to change over the next couple of years, the cuts made to council funding means that more county and district/borough councils will become unitary authorities.  Having said that, Royal Mail don't use the county in addressing any longer.  Postcode lookup would be great but a licence would be required and they are not particularly cheap