Fishy Customer

astroroxy

Hey,

What do you guys do with fishy potential customers?

The name is anna sovgut.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=http://www.r10.net/dedicated-server-amp-co-location-server/1327636-ganna-sovgut-hakkinda-bilgi-2.html&prev=search

You can read about them here. Seems to buy dedicated servers and vps all over the place and spam.

Can I tell someone "Nope, don't want your business, bye."

They are asking me about dedicated servers and VPS plans even though I do not officially have them yet.

I would just tell them that you can't help them. You should absolutely deny business from someone who is shady, to accept their business is to shoot yourself in the foot. For us it's fairly simple, we can just cancel a license.. but for hosting, they can ruin your reputation, get you in trouble with your upstream providers, and cost you hours of time cleaning up the mess they cause. It's just not worth it.

g.sovgut@predictlabs.com add that to the list as well.

Shady is when you tell them you can't currently offer them a dedicated server, but they reply "ok, when you have more servers please let us know", without you quoting them with a price first.

Stay away from them.

Now that rings a bell.. I remember those guys... they once contacted us requesting a dedicated server. But they said they could only pay via American Express, I did let them down though I did not think It as a big deal.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just ran a report on fraudrecord and wow, good thing I did not allow them to sign up.

You have no obligation to provide services to someone : it's a privilege, and your terms and conditions should reflect this.  Just refund and kindly ask the customer to re-do the order without any vpn, from he's real address, etc...

When it's a fraud, the customer know what he is doing, so he won't bother you.  Such person already know not every hosts will accept them.

As long as you provide a refund in a short delay, you won't have any problem imho.  Do not ignore the requests, simply explain you already answered the questions, and you cannot help anymore.

Cheers  :D

p.s.: i'm pretty sure in 2025 or something, Blesta will handle this part of the customer service  :blesta:   Automated support replies is a feature planned in CORE... ???  :blesta: