Pending Services Getting Approved Without Me Doing Anything

snake

Question

I process all my pending orders/services manually, but I am having an issue that if I select any pending service, sometimes ALL of them are then set to active, even though I didn't do anything. This is a totally random occurence, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

this is a major problem as it means I then have no idea which one's were pending and need processing, so I then have to go through them and work it out, PITA.

How can I fix this so that pending services do not get their status changed unless I actually change it.

no I do not use CloudFlare.

it happened again today, this time there was a considerable delay until I happened. I was sitting on the services page for some time, then went into the service, and it had been set active.

Is there maybe some sort of cronjob that kicks off as a result of me logging into blesta or looking at this page ?

Nope unless you have a cron job on a old server still running.

Have you checked your cron logs around the time that the services were marked active to see if it may be caused by a cron task? Were the pending services paid? If so, there is a cron task that will automatically activate paid pending services. By default this occurs every 5 minutes, but you can adjust the interval in company automation settings.

There isn't anything in Blesta that will initiate provisioning pending services simply by visiting a page, but it could be possible that a third-party plugin does something like that.

here is the current cron log

http://screencast.com/t/rihcyEt8pb

But surely if this was happening as part of the standard cron job then the services would be getting activated every 10 minutes when the cron runs, not just when I visit the page.

I do not have any 3rd party plugins, this is a vanilla install.

According to your log, your cron jobs are running 10 minutes not every time you go on the page? If they was you would have more than just 2 on that log page alone.

What is weird here is only yourself has this issue which means we need to find out why...

Have you moved Blesta from another server? By Vanilla install what do you mean?

By Vanilla install what do you mean?

He means he's using it as-is, without modification.

here is the current cron log

http://screencast.com/t/rihcyEt8pb

But surely if this was happening as part of the standard cron job then the services would be getting activated every 10 minutes when the cron runs, not just when I visit the page.

When viewing the logs, as in your screenshot, you can click on a table row to list more information. It may say something about which services were made active from the Provision Paid Pending Services task.

it happened again today, this time there was a considerable delay until I happened. I was sitting on the services page for some time, then went into the service, and it had been set active.

Is there maybe some sort of cronjob that kicks off as a result of me logging into blesta or looking at this page ?

You mentioned there was a delay in the pending services being marked active. I suspect that may be because the cron took a few minutes before it ran the Provision Paid Pending Services task. If a pending service has been created, and the invoice for it has been paid in full, then the cron will automatically provision it by changing it from pending to active. If you're looking at the [billing] -> [services] -> (Pending) page, you will only see pending services at the time you viewed the page. The page won't automatically update the services in the list when one has been made active.

Next time you go to the [billing] -> [services] -> (Pending) page, and there are pending services, try immediately refreshing the page several times to see if any services disappear. Then wait until the cron runs and check the logs to see whether the cron provisioned them automatically.

thanks for everyone's efforts, but after months trying to get Blesta working properly, it is just taking up too much of my time so I decided to throw in the towel and switch to WHMCS.

I'm afraid I do not find Blesta  user friendly at all, I have found it very un-intuitive and overly complicated to do things which should be simple, the docs are incomplete and leave a lot to be desired, there is not even a setup guide, you just to figure everything out yourself, and it is just so hard to get it working, and you need to be a php developer to solve most of the issues. 

I tried hard to get on with Blesta and to like it, but at the end of the  day it  took me just 1 evening to get WHMCS setup and everything is working perfectly. The setup is very straight forward, the configuration is fairly intuitive and obvious and the docs are very good. I managed to get it all done without having to resort to their forums or contacting support, plus it integrates with WebsitePanel, so I no longer have to manually provision anything.

thanks for everyone's efforts, but after months trying to get Blesta working properly, it is just taking up too much of my time so I decided to throw in the towel and switch to WHMCS.
I'm afraid I do not find Blesta  user friendly at all, I have found it very un-intuitive and overly complicated to do things which should be simple, the docs are incomplete and leave a lot to be desired, there is not even a setup guide, you just to figure everything out yourself, and it is just so hard to get it working, and you need to be a php developer to solve most of the issues. 
I tried hard to get on with Blesta and to like it, but at the end of the  day it  took me just 1 evening to get WHMCS setup and everything is working perfectly. The setup is very straight forward, the configuration is fairly intuitive and obvious and the docs are very good. I managed to get it all done without having to resort to their forums or contacting support, plus it integrates with WebsitePanel, so I no longer have to manually provision anything.

Since you was the only one with this random issue I don't think you can say it's Blesta's fault. but good luck bye ZOMBIE!! 

well at no point did I say that was the only issue I have ever had, and obviously it wasn't and you know that full well as you have seen and responded to my other issues as well.  and obviously this issue has nothing to do with any of the others or the usability or lack of docs or lack of setup guide,  those things are simply facts and nothing at all to do with me or my opinion one one product or another. 

in order for your statement that I am the only one who has ever had any of my issues, you would have to have personally contacted every single Blesta user and got them to setup the exact same scenario as me with and test whether they have those issues ? did you do that ? No of course not, so not sure how you can make that claim then ?

I am thankful for your attempts to help, but i'm not sure why you now feel the need to have a dig at me just because I found a better solution that works ?