Upgrade Accessible For All Visitors

Blesta Addons

@cody Only now notice your response :)

That could be an option, but it wouldn't resolve the issue of code changes related to authentication.

If we're going to add an option to the config, we might as well add a token, and simply prompt users for this token when they wish process an upgrade through the web interface. That way the user can simply change it at any time via SFTP, and it doesn't rely on the authentication system matching the db schema.

I like your idea also :) ++1 :)

If we're going to add an option to the config, we might as well add a token, and simply prompt users for this token when they wish process an upgrade through the web interface. That way the user can simply change it at any time via SFTP, and it doesn't rely on the authentication system matching the db schema.

The best option is "license number", to get the upgrade download you have to login to the client area to download correct?, why not check the license? this way is more usefull for all and more secure on every aspect

the outher options are:

Wen uploading and executing the upgrade link, it will generate a token and send by email to all administrators staff this way we know the token to execute the upgrade :)

all this ideas is good , the important here is not to let the upgrade directly anyone .

but if i'm forced to vote , i will vote for licence number option .

A lot of really good ideas.  I personally like the license check as I have seen this used with a few other scripts that I have used.  A token would probably be a good compromise between nothing and license id.  Would there be a step on the initial installation to set this (advanced option or something) or would this have to be manually done?  I am guessing it would have to be manually added to existing configs, or handled in an upgrade step somehow to prompt you for the value to add to the config (or tell you to add it if you want).

• 2 weeks later...