Date Received Instead Of Date Applied For Transactions On Invoice

S.H.

When payments are recorded, invoices list the transactions but the date used is not the date the payment was received, it's the date a staff records the payment which is incorrect. The transaction date printed on an invoice should be the date the customer makes the payment not the date when we record the transaction on the system. For gateways e.g. paypal it's not an issue since the date applied is the same as the date received but for "offline" payment methods it's a problem.

Example of situation: clients do bank transfers or wire transfers but don't notify me until days after, which is when the payment is recorded. If their invoice lists their transactions they want to see the actual transaction date, the date they know they paid, not the date I typed it on the system. This will result in problems with account reconciliation at the end of every month because the transaction dates on the invoices do not match up with the bank records or accounting records in Peachtree. The issue will be compounded at the end of the financial year when dates don't match up and the accounts need to be audited.

Does this issue affect anyone else? My suggestion for a solution would be to replace the current date applied with the transaction date or have an option to allow users to choose which date they want to see on the invoice. What are your thoughts on this?

Not certain this feature request is needed.

because bank transaction date at client's bank and transaction date at the shop owner can even be not the same on each bank statement. Banks can be in different country but mostly not all bank work the same regarding date of transaction & date money is available.

So really for the traceability that's the transaction reference/number that matter, date when transaction was applied on invoice as said naja7host are fine

Not certain this feature request is needed.

because bank transaction date at client's bank and transaction date at the shop owner can even be not the same on each bank statement. Banks can be in different country but mostly not all bank work the same regarding date of transaction & date money is available.

So really for the traceability that's the transaction reference/number that matter, date when transaction was applied on invoice as said naja7host are fine

If your bank decided to only put the posted dates and leave out the column with the transaction dates on your credit card bill each month would you be happy about that? Would you be able to match up your gas receipts to the posted date? Now picture doing that for a year of transactions. You may think it does not bother you so nobody else should need it but I'm sure the day your credit card statement had posted dates and no transaction dates you would immediately see the importance of what I'm saying. In my country most of our accounting systems were inherited from UK and customers prefer to have actual dates as opposed to the date posted. I hope this example helps to illustrate my concerns. :unsure:

• 2 years later...

We have same problem on most updated blesta system (version 4.0.1) and i submit this to support team, they tell me it is feature request and suggest thumbing it up the topic. support team will prioritize release the solution when largely based on demand. 

if anyone have same problem for this, i suggest post your comment here let blesta support team know your need.

Thank you all ~