Gocardless Payment Module

tandyuk

Question

Hi,

I am eagerly awaiting a supported module for GoCardless with Blesta.

I see you have http://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-1131 assigned for this, but I really need an eta.

This missing module is the *ONLY* thing preventing us migrating from WHMCS to Blesta.

Please can you give us some indication of whether this module is work in progress or what, and what if anything we can do to speed that process up.

Many Thanks,

James Tandy

6 answers to this question

I can't wait for it either haha but to be honest not a lot of users have asked for it so it's a low priority at the moment I would say. I did ask GoCardless twice (at different times) since they did start a module for a competitor (who I used to use like you) but they gave up on that because the module wasn't up to par and aren't looking to do one.

This is the email reply:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for emailing GoCardless.

Unfortunately we don’t currently have any plans to work on this. The WHMCS module was developed outside of GoCardless and didn’t quite meet the quality we were willing to support – as it wasn’t too popular at the time it is now unsupported (but the source code is available on GitHub for anyone who wants to bring it up to date!)

That said, I’ll definitely let the team know that you’re interested in seeing a Blesta module and logged it in our feature requests.

Sorry we don’t offer this right now. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Kind regards,

Jacob

Having had a chat with GoCardless:

i've just spoken to our BD team and they've asked that, if you (and anyone else who would like a Blesta integration) could email in to help@gocardless.com stating you want this module I can forward these on and see if we can convince them to develop one.

From my perspective, what would be ideal, is Blesta and GoCardless working together to create a module which is actually supported, and properly supports Direct Debit payments in the UK (And soon across the whole of Europe).

We are planning to add support for Omnipay gateways, of which GoCardless is one, see https://github.com/thephpleague/omnipay. I'm not sure if their implementation supports the features of GoCardless that you are expecting.

Omnipay is one of the items we cannot implement until we have raised the minimum system requirements to include PHP 5.3+. This dependency change is expected in version 4.0.