Network Status And Schedule Maintenance

WebHostCentral UK - Dean

Nice... I think I'll most definitely be using this when this gets released.

We have our own status page... but it's at Pingdom and... while that's great, as a server status page... it's not great for letting customers know that "Yes, we're aware of the issue and are working on it. Here's what's going on."

This presents that nicely, I believe... although I do have a question:

What happens when you get into the hundreds or thousands of servers?

Would it be best to only display the days there is issues?

This feature has been asked for quite a lot, so I've now added it to the issue tracker.

Nice... I think I'll most definitely be using this when this gets released.

We have our own status page... but it's at Pingdom and... while that's great, as a server status page... it's not great for letting customers know that "Yes, we're aware of the issue and are working on it. Here's what's going on."

This presents that nicely, I believe... although I do have a question:

What happens when you get into the hundreds or thousands of servers?

You should be able to start using Cachet now :)

Yeah, Pingdom is great for server monitoring but not informing customers of why the service went down in the first place.

In regards to the hundreds or thousands of servers, how do you mean "what happens"? How do you list them all?

This feature has been asked for quite a lot, so I've now added it to the issue tracker.

You should be able to start using Cachet now :)

Yeah, Pingdom is great for server monitoring but not informing customers of why the service went down in the first place.

In regards to the hundreds or thousands of servers, how do you mean "what happens"? How do you list them all?

Basically, yeah.

Can you also group servers into a overall status? Like say... you have 200 of shared hosting servers, 500 of reseller servers, and 2 dedicated servers, just for giggles. Then you group them into three groups, respectively naming them shared, reseller and dedicated and show the server status for each group instead of individual ones, if so desired.

Is it possible to have an overall status of the servers and have a... indicator of sorts for a server having issues? That way a customer can click on the indicator and be shown the specific server having issues... or something. Or does Cachet already have something like that?

Can you also group servers into a overall status? Like say... you have 200 of shared hosting servers, 500 of reseller servers, and 2 dedicated servers, just for giggles. Then you group them into three groups, respectively naming them shared, reseller and dedicated and show the server status for each group instead of individual ones, if so desired.

Is it possible to have an overall status of the servers and have a... indicator of sorts for a server having issues? That way a customer can click on the indicator and be shown the specific server having issues... or something. Or does Cachet already have something like that?

Sort of. We have Component Groups, but they're not fully implemented yet. By that, I mean that we don't do anything with them (not till V2), but in the future we'll show these groups on the status page and allow you to update the status of a whole group too.

In regards to your last question... We do show the overall system status (at the top) this is based on any component being anything but Operational or having any non-Fixed incidents.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We've made a lot of changes for the upcoming v2.2 release including:

• Loading metric points with AJAX, your status page will no longer slow down when you're sending hundreds of thousands of points!
  • Metric points are now stored as DECIMAL(15,3) for more accurate logging.
  • Your components now have Shields that can be embedded on websites, documents etc.
  • Visitors can now subscribe to a single component. They can also manage their subscriptions.
  • The metric points API endpoint is now paginated (performance related)
  • The component groups design has changed to make it easier to differentiate between non-grouped components and component groups which are collapsed by default.
  • Meta content is updated to include Open Graph data.
  • French is no longer German.
  • New version API endpoint.
  • You can now supply custom header and footer HTML.
  • API results can now be sorted.
  • API results can now be filtered.
  • Metrics now show the y-axis scale bars.

Probably a few more things left before a release too!

• 7 months later...

So here is an update on where Cachet is at!

We're currently working on v2.4 which so far contains:

1. Incident Updates
  2. You can now skip verifying of subscribers
  3. Improved setup
  4. Cleaned dashboard
  5. Stickied incidents
  6. Numerous bug fixes

And there is still a lot more to come before the release:

• Improved design
  • Scheduled maintenance will become a first-class citizen in Cachet, not bolted into incidents
  • Much more...

• 5 weeks later...

Not to be impatient, but do we have a date for a production-ready integration with blesta on the radar? I need to implement a basic network status monitor and cachet looks brilliant. If it's close to going gold, I'll postpone a stand-alone install lieu a blesta-cachet extension.

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2016 at 4:34 AM, INUMIO-Rob said:

Not to be impatient, but do we have a date for a production-ready integration with blesta on the radar? I need to implement a basic network status monitor and cachet looks brilliant. If it's close to going gold, I'll postpone a stand-alone install lieu a blesta-cachet extension.

Thanks for your time.

I want to know also lol !

• 2 months later...
On 13/11/2016 at 9:34 AM, INUMIO-Rob said:

Thanks for your time.

me three