Trial Service That Can Convert To Paid Service

AllanD

Question

I am using the Universal module and have a package set up as a Free Trial with a term of 2 weeks and $0.  It is set to cancel at end of term and a status of Active. Currently it can only be accessed by a link to it's own order page.

I have 4 other packages for the same service with different payment terms (monthly, yearly)  and quantities.  These allow individual purchase boxes on the order page.  There are no Options for any of the packages including free trial.

Is there a way to automatically convert the Free Trial service to a paid package at the end of the free trial (and send an invoice)?

If not, any suggestions on steps outlining how this can be accomplished or at least something close to it?

Is there any way to limit a customer to only purchasing an item once (like "One time purchase")?

8 answers to this question

Don't think it can automatically do it unless you did a coupon for a one time and make a tier for 2 months.

I would do this.

Make a package group, with two packages.

1. Free package (cancel at end of term)

2. Paid package.

That way customers use the free package and then can upgrade to the paid version. They will get invoiced for it and activated after payment.

Don't think it can automatically do it unless you did a coupon for a one time and make a tier for 2 months.

I would do this.

Make a package group, with two packages.

1. Free package (cancel at end of term)

2. Paid package.

That way customers use the free package and then can upgrade to the paid version. They will get invoiced for it and activated after payment.

If I do it this way a new screen for Package Selection appears before the two package groups.  Any way to suppress this and allow the user to see all items, or better yet, only show the trial but allow them to select the paid items after the trial expires?

Two put two packages together, they had to be selected on the Order Form.  

Is there another way of grouping them?

Shouldn't have to order both.

Make two packages, and put them in the same group, in the same order form. Then if they order the trial if it's set to cancel at the end of the term they can upgrade or let it cancel.